Chapter 44

Alex's POV:

~two days later~

"More....coffee..." I hear John groan from his place at my bed. It's currently 3am and this is the fifth night in a row we've stayed up all night doing our missing assignments. One month of missing assignments. One...whole...month.

"Need anything boys?" Mrs. Washington questions, popping her head in the door. "Coffee...." John mutters, basically half asleep. She looks at me and I nod, going back to viciously typing on the computer. "Okay." She leaves the room again and john comes over to me, resting his chin on my head tiredly. "Lexi...I'm too tired. Can we please go to bed?" He says, slinging his hands over my neck and letting them fall over my chest. I shake my head and take one of his hands, kissing it.

"I'm sorry, Jacky. We have to finish these by next week or else we fail. Just a few more essays than you can sleep. Okay, babe?" He whines and kisses the top of my head before flopping down on my bed. Hey that rhymed. Heh.

"Here boys..." Mrs. Washington says, handing John his coffee and making her way over to me. "Not much longer, Alexander. You and John need your rest. Okay?" I nod. "Okay, Mrs. Washington." She sighs and places a kiss on my forehead. "Ewww." I fake pout, wiping her kiss off. She sighs dramatically and goes back to leave.

"Martha I want a kiss toooooo." John pouts. She smiles and rolls her eyes fondly before walking over to John and kissing his curls. "Have a good night boys." John smiles and take a sip of his coffee as he goes to his next assignment.

John's POV:

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I wake up with a groan and pull the blanket over my head. "Shut that thing up!" I whine to Alex. "Five more minutes." He mumbles. I groan and hit the top of the alarm to shut it off. "Babe...baby....lexiiii get up." I say, nudging Alex repeatedly. He whines dramatically and pulls the blanket down so I can see his face.

"I don't wanna go to school." He grumbles with his eyes still shut. I sigh. "Me neither. But, if you go I'll give you kisses in the hall." I bribe in a singsong voice. He smiles cutely and opens one eye to peek at me. "Okay fine, but you also have to give me kisses now." I chuckle. "Deal." I lean down and cup his cheeks before kissing him softly get passionately. We pull back and he giggles as he sits up.

"I'm gonna go get changed. Be right back." He announces, I nod and go over to my suitcase to grab myself a change of clothes. I decide on cuffed denim jeans, a black thrasher hoodie and black and white converse. I giggle a bit under my breath as I see what Alex is wearing.

"Say, isn't that my hoodie?" I ask him teasingly. He blushes and mumbles shut up under his breath before tying his hair up into a low ponytail. I chuckle and go to the bathroom to change. I come out after a moment and me and Alex walk downstairs hand in hand.

"Good morning, son." Mr. Washington muttered to Alex from behind his newspaper. Alex rolled his eyes and mumbled a soft 'I'm not your son' before sitting at the table next to James. I sat down next to Alex and looked around before realizing something was off.

"Where's my sister?" I asked the table. As if on cue, Mrs. Washington emerged from the stairs. "Little Martha has come down with some sort of sickness. She's upstairs resting right now and I'm afraid she won't be able to go to daycare today." I feel Alex tense up next to me but I shrug it off and turn back to Mrs. Washington.

"Oh, okay. Thank you. Me and Alex should get going, we wouldn't want to miss another assignment." I say with a chuckle. Martha laughs softly and nods. "W-wait. John shouldn't we stay here? To take care of martha? She's sick, a-and I don't want her to get worse." Alex stammers. I furrow my brows and look over to him with worried eyes.

Mr. Washington seems to notice this because he sets his newspaper down on the table and looks over to Alex. "Son, she'll be fine. You go. Martha will take care of her while we're gone, right dear?" Mrs. Washington nods and smiles before giving Alex a quick kiss on the head. "Now go, you'll be late." She says, before also giving me a kiss on the head. I smile at the feeing, not used to this type of motherly love. Alex reluctantly nods and stands up from the table, grabbing my hand. I intertwine our fingers as we make our way outside.

A/N: this literally sucks like- this whole chapter was about one morning. That's so boring oh my godssss. Anyways hopefully I'll have more motivation next chapter