Chapter 5

Johns POV:
BEEP BEEP BEEP
I groan and flop over on the bed to shut off my alarm. I slide out of bed and tiptoe down the hallway. I peek around to see if Henry's home or not. He's not, luckily.

"Jacky?" I whip my head around and see my little sister, Mary, standing in the hallway holding her favorite stuffed bunny. "Goodmornin' cupcake. Do you need breakfast?" I ask her with a smile, my southern accent creeping out. She nods and I pick her up and bring her to the kitchen.

I sit her down on the counter and grab some cereal from the cabinet. "Jacky can you please stay home with me today? I don't wanna go to daycare.." I open my mouth to speak but my brother James comes down the stairs.

"Morning" he says as he walks over to get himself a bowl of cereal. "James, can you take Mary to the park later? She doesn't wanna go to school." He shrugs and takes Mary over to her playpen. "I guess so. I don't feel like going to school today either. 9th grade sucks." I chuckle. "Just wait until you're a senior." I check the time on my phone. "Shit, I gotta go. Call me if you need anything. Bye Mary!" I plant a kiss on her forehead and head out the door.

Alexs POV:

Youngscrapy: good morning, Johnny boy.

JohnnyJohnny: I hate u.

Youngscrapy: awh:( I brought you a donut though...

Johnnyjohnny: and suddenly I love you. What flavorrrr

I chuckle and blush a bit.

Youngscrapy: chocolate.

Johnnyjohnny: SPRINKLES?

Youngscrapy: yes John, sprinkles.

Johnnyjohnny: your hand in marriage please

Youngscrapy: mmm... I'll think on it.

Johnnyjohnny: are you in class yet

Youngscrapy: you have to start using periods, John. And yes, I've been here for five minutes.  where are you?

Johnnyjohnny: you're not my English teacher boyo
Johnnyjohnny: I'm almost there I had to get gas

Youngscrapy: hurry up or I'll eat your doughnut.

Johnnyjohnny: you wouldn't dare...

Youngscrapy: oh but wouldn't I?

Johnnyjohnny: 🖕

Youngscrapy: I don't know sign language.

Johnnyjohnny: I don't want your hand in marriage anymore.

Youngscrapy: I'm hurt.

Johnnyjohnny: good

I chuckle and look up as John takes a seat next to me. "Took you long enough your donut was looking pretty good." He scoffs and snatches the donut off my desk. "Thank you" he says with his mouth full of the chocolate treat. "Mhm you're welcome" I look up at the board as the teacher begins the lesson.

~time skip to lunch~
I grab my lunch tray and sit down at the table with my new "gang" as John likes to call it. "So then I was like, mon ami, if you want to do the do with me you better get the ass waxed."

I hear loud laughs come from the table as I look at laf in confusion. "Wha-?" I ask, making John laugh. "Laf was just telling us about how some dude was tryna hook up with him." I nod and take a fry from my plate

"Okay but you guys," Peggy starts, "I'm getting some vibes from Maria. What do you guys think?" Maria..sounds familiar. "Oh yeah she totally likes you back, pegs." John says wiggling his eyebrows. "I think you guys would be cute together!" Angelica chirps. Eliza hums in agreement.

"So Alex, do you have your eyes on anyone?" Eliza says with a pink tint on her cheeks. I smirk. "Perhaps..." her and Angelica giggles while John looks down at his sleeves. I finish up my food and go to put away my tray when I knock into someone. "I'm so sorry!" I say, wiping myself off and trying to see who it is.

The person sighs and wipes off their magenta hoodie. "It's fine, hey you don't look familiar, are you new?" I nod slowly and look up at the person who has giant curly hair. He kinda looks like laf. "Yeah I'm new. I'm Alexander by the way, Alexander Hamilton." He flashes a toothy grin. "Nice to meet you Alexander, I'm Thomas Jefferson. I'll see you around." I smile and wave at him as he walks away. I put away my tray and walk back to the table.

"Dude....you just talked to Thomas Jefferson." John says, amazed. I nod my head slowly. "He like- doesn't befriend anyone except this boy James Madison and our other friend Aaron burr." I chuckle. I'm oddly flattered. "Hmm maybe he wants to make more friends!" I say cheerily. John shrugs and nods before throwing his tray away as well.