Chapter 51

T.W: sexual assault mention, abuse mention, hes at the therapists so he's just talking abt the experience so yeah

Johns POV:

"Bye Jacky! I'm proud of you." Alex says from the school parking lot. "Thank you baby." I mumble with a smile. I pull him forward and give him a quick, sweet kiss before unlocking my car with a beep. "I'll see you back at your house at 5, sound good?" I ask. "Yep!" He cheers, beginning to walk to Mr. Washington's car.

"I got this." I mumble to myself as reassurance. I pull away from the parking lot and type the therapists location into my phone.

~~~

I arrive at the two story grey brick building and walk in. It's cold and smells neutral, like air conditioner and cleaning spray. I walk up to the counter to check in.

"Hello! Name?" A pretty young lady with brown hair says. She looks pretty familiar...I read the name tag and, "Martha?" She looks into my eyes and her face shifts from friendly to surprised. "Jack?" I nod and smile as she comes out from behind the counter. She hugs me gently and laughs. "It's been forever, how've you been?" She questions, smiling.

"Well I'm in a therapists office, so." I joke. She laughs halfheartedly and pulls back from the hug. "How are you?" She sighs and runs a hand through her hair. "Same old, same old. I just got this job as a intern so that's cool. Are you still in high school?" I nod. "Yeah I graduate in two months." She nods and walks back behind the counter.

"Well I don't want you to be late, room 1783. It was nice to see you jack!" I nod and give her a small smile. "You too, mar!" I walk down the hallway and knock on the door when I see 1783. A younger looking man with short black hair and pale skin opens it. "John Laurens?" I nod. He smiles and motions for me to come in.

"Welcome. I'm Thomas Conway. You can just just call me Thomas. I'll be your therapist for the time being." I nod and smile as I shake his hand. He motions to a baby blue couch pushed up against the wall and I go sit. He sits down at a matching chair and crosses his legs.

"So, I suppose we should just jump right in, huh?" I shrug and he sighs. "Okay so, why are you here." I stare at him blankly and blink. "Because I need therapy...?" He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "But why do you need therapy?" I shift uncomfortably and pull on one of my loose curls, letting it spring back.

"Well um, I guess it's cuz of my ex Francis and his friend James..." I start, Conway nods and writes something down in his notebook. "Your ex is a man?" I nod uncomfortably. "Interesting. What did he and his friend do?" I shift and scratch my arm.

"Well uh, they um. Hurt me, sir." He cocks an eyebrow and sets down his notebook. "Can you be more specific?" I nod and clear my throat. "Well my ex, we dated when I was 14 and he was 16 at the time. He would hit me and yell at me if I did something that I didn't like or of I didn't want to do..." Conways writes some more and stops when I trail of. "Do what?" I clear my throat again.

"Um, him, sir. If I didn't want to do him." He nods and writes this down. "So what did you do about this?" He asks. "Nothing really. I tried to be good so he wouldn't hurt me but he never let me see my friends or even go to school." He looks up from the notebook. "What do you mean be good for him?" I nervously look around the room.

"...you know what I mean sir." He scowls a bit and stares at me. "Laurens I need you to tell me the details or I can't help you, understand?" He says sternly. I flinch at the voice and nod rapidly. "Okay. I tried to...do what he wanted. P-please him? Sorry sir I don't really want to talk about it in detail." He shifts his legs and I see him smirk softly. I look at him confused and look at my feet uncomfortably.

"When did this end?" He questions, breaking the silence. "When my friends showed up at his house and called the cops about three months after it started." He nods. "Then why are you here? You said you were 14 and files  say you're 17 now, so what else happened?"

"Oh right. Well about two months ago James, Francis's friend, threatened to send a picture of me and my now-boyfriend Alex kissing to my dad if I didn't go with him. I couldn't let that happen because he's really homophobic and would've hurt me so I agreed to go with him."

"Why didn't you call the cops on your father?"

"Well he's the senator sir."

"Okay."

"Anyways, I went with him. He started touching me and I didn't want to get hit or have the picture get exposed so I let him."

"You let him touch you?" 

"Yes sir. As I said I didn't want to get h-"

"Hit. Right. So you just let him do what he wanted with you? It sounds like you didn't mind all that much."

"Sir- no one wants to get sexually assaulted."

"But it's not assault if you let him, is it?"

"I only let him to protect my safety!" I snap as tears well to my eyes.

"You're being aggressive." He growls. I stand up with a huff as a tear drips down my eye. "I don't think we're a great fit. I'm outta here." I grumble, walking out the door.

I walk down the hall towards the front door with tears streaming down my face. "Are you okay?" Martha asks as I open the door. "Conway's  a dick!" I shout, slamming it.

What the hell?