Chapter 38

Alex's POV:

We pull up to Johns house, which is rather nice might I add. It's a classic two story house in the suburbs. Very much mike from stranger things vibes. It makes sense John is well off with money because his dad works at the same law firm with Mr. Washington. Not extant sure how considering what Henry's done to John. But that's for another time.

John honks the horn twice and I see a boy a little taller than me holding a suitcase and a small girl, maybe a toddler, behind him with a doll. "Get in losers we're going shopping." John says, as his siblings get in the car.

"I'm not a loser." The girl, Martha, says while crossing her arms sassily. The older boy, James I think, rolls his eyes at her and buckles in. "Who's that?" He says pointing to me. "This is my friend that we're staying with, Alex." I since at the word 'friend' but don't blame him. I mean, we're not even dating. And yet I think I might love him. That feeling is very unknown to me.

I shake it off and give James a small smile. He does that little head tilt thing people do when they say 'sup'. Martha extends her short arm out to me. "Martha laurens. You may call me mar." I look over at John and chuckle at her proper ness, shaking her hand.

We finish our introductions and drive off toward our house. Once we get there I help carry in James's suitcase and Martha's little backpack. They look around my house and James nods. "It's nice." I smile at him and lead them all upstairs.

Johns POV:

Alex leads us toward the first guest room, where Martha has decorated with light pink sheets, fairy lights, and a stuffed unicorn on the bed. I assume Alex told her the specifics of my siblings. Martha gasps and climbs into her bed, grabbing the unicorn and giggling. "Thank you mister Alex!" She exclaims excitedly.

Alex beams and picks her up, making her curly hair bounce. She giggles as Alex begins tickling her sides. I smile at him, seeing him with kids is really cute to me. If he has kids he's gonna be a great dad when he grows up. He sets Martha down and leads us to another guest room, slightly bigger than the last.

It has a tv in it and the bed is made up with blue sheets and a fluffy white comforter. There's also a bathroom connected to it and LED lights hanging at the tops of the walls. James looks around. "Ooh, cool. Tell you parents I said thanks, Alex." Alex nods, smiling. Usually he would correct someone who said the Washington's are his parents but I guess he was too excited having other people here.

"Oh by the way, jemmy, the Washington's can take you and Martha to school when they take us. Does that sound good?" He nods contently and motions for us to leave his room. I roll my eyes at him fondly and hold Alex's hand as I pull him out of the room.

"I love them." Alex says, the same smile he's had since they got here still on his face. I giggle and kiss him softly. "I'm glad, baby." He blushes at the nickname and I follow him into his room.