Chapter 16

AN: There might be hella typos because i'm doing this on my computer so i am very s o r r y :)

Alex's POV:

I wake up and stretch a bit. I curl into a ball and attempt to fall back asleep because I don't want to face today. That's when it all comes back to me.

The storm. The hurricane. Scared. Crying. John. Comforting me. Looking at john. Leaning in. We didn't kiss. We didn't kiss.

Speaking of, where is John?

I look down and see he made a blanket bed on the floor. Oh god. I must've made him so uncomfortable. He probably wasn't feeling the same feelings I was. What was I even feeling, anyways? It was probably just a spur of the moment thing. I will not lose my only very best friend ever because of some stupid, complex feelings. No way.

I groan and pull the blanket over my head when I hear the ding of my phone. I grab it off my night stand and check it.

Liza: Good morning, Alexander! :)

Youngscrapy: Morning, Liza.

Liza: It feels like I haven't seen you in forever! Me and my sisters were wondering if you and John wanted to go somewhere today? The park maybe?

Youngscrapy: Yeah, sure. I'll wake up John and ask him.

Liza: Oh he stayed over again? It seems like you two are always together, lol.

Youngscrapy: Oh yeah, haha.

Liza: Well text me what he says! Ttyl Alex! <3

Youngscrapy: Okay, see ya.

I sigh and hop off my bed before attempting to wake John. "Pstt, John. Wake up." I say, shaking him softly. He groans softly and opens his eyes slowly. "Alex? W-what time is it?" I grab my phone and check. "10:41" He groans again, this time a bit louder and pulls the blanket over his head. "Five more minutes" He mumbles and I sigh, "Nope. We've already slept in. Let's go see if Mrs. Washington made breakfast." He sighs but complies and follows me downstairs.

I see no signs of Mrs. or Mr Washington but I do see a container of pancakes with a note next to it.

Dear John and Alex,
I hope you two had fun at the party last night. Sorry we didn't get to see you. Me and George left to do some errands. I'll tell you about it when I get back. Love you!

-Martha