Chapter 40

Johns POV:

Me and the gang were in the middle of a very heated argument about wether water is wet or not when Peggy brought up a very good question.

"Am i the only one here wondering what happened with Alex and my sister?"

Alex is visible caught off guard by this because he chokes on air. "Oh, shit, right." Herc and laf look over at Alex. "Mon ami, you haven't broken up with her?" He says shocked. "You do realize that's cheating, right?" Herc adds. Alex looks overwhelmed by the situation but keeps his cool.

"W-well we never even talk." Peggy blinks at him. "Alex, dude, why didn't you break up with her while John was...gone?" Alex pulls at his hoodie sleeves before murmuring. "I was going through stuff guys..." I raise an eyebrow at him. He never mentioned anything.

They clearly know what he's talking about because their expressions soften. "Oh, right. Sorry mon ami." Alex shrugs and takes out his phone. I look at laf confused and he shakes his head and mouths that he'll let Alex tell me. I nod, still confused but understanding.

"I'll do it n-now." They nod and I rub his back to sooth him. He relaxes a bit and pulls out his phone before going to elizas contact. We all just sit and awkwardly stare at him as he types speedily.

After about 5 minutes or so he speaks up. "Yeah, so she's m-mad." He says quietly, tears brimming the edges of his eyes. "Aw, Alex..." I say, wrapping my arms around him and bringing his small figure close to my chest. He returns the hug and buries his head in my chest.

"Can we see what she said?" Peggy asks. He pulls back to look at her. "N-no! I really rather you guys not..." he exclaims, shaking his head quickly. I hold his hand and rub his knuckles like I always do to call mmm him down. Herc and laf seem shocked at the sudden outburst and Peggy just nods understandingly. "It's okay, baby." I whisper in his ear. He nods into my chest and pens up to kiss me. I kiss him back and smile.

"That's kinda gay, not gon lie." Herc chimes in. Laf playfully glares at him and smacks his head. "Yeah, well, so are you and laf." Peggy defends, flipping her hair. I give her a high five as the two boys blush.

"Guys, we have school tomorrow. It's already 9:00 ya know." Alex says timidly. "You're such a mom friend, mon ami. But fine, I'll see you both tomorrow. You have a lot of school work to catch up on." Laf says with a chuckle. Herc nods and gives us a look that says 'good luck'. I laugh at them.

"Wouldn't want to be you. See you gays later." Peggy chirps and she skips out of the room, herc and laf following suit. I hear them all say goodbye to the Washington's and I turn my attention back to Alex.

"You okay, lexi?" He tilts his head toward me and nods with a small smile. I frown a little bit at this because even though he's smiling he looks so sorrowful. I wonder what Eliza could've said. Than I remember something from earlier.

"Hey, lex?" He tilts his head and hums. "What did you mean you were going through something?" He turns his attention to his sleeves and fiddles with his hands. "N-nothing really. I just meant I was really sad you were gone. Done worry about it." I nod but I can tell he's lying. I don't want to push him.

I get up and reach my hand out to help him up he gladly takes it and hops off the floor. He slides his socks off and burrows himself into the blankets on the bed. I leave to walk out of the doorway when he pipes up.

"Wait! Where are you going?" I chuckle and walk back over to the bed. "I'm just checking up on my siblings, lexi. Don't worry." I say with a smile and peck his forehead. He smiles back and nods.

I walk into James's room and see him laying under his blue comforter with Martha curled next to him with her stuffed unicorn. I chuckle. She must've crawled into bed with him earlier. I'm glad they're away from my dad. I wonder how he's doing. If he even realizes we're gone.

I shake away my thoughts and stride back to Alex's room. When he sees me he smiles and scoots over so I have room to lay next to him. I chuckle and lay down on the soft bed, wrapping my arms around him. He giggles and lays his head on my chest contently. "I missed you Jacky." He says softly. I run my hands through his hair gently and sigh. "I missed you too, lexi. Sleep well." He nods and I close my eyes, drifting off into sleep.

I think I love him.