Chapter 21

Johns POV:

So I just got rejected. For the first time, might I add. I haven't put myself out there like that since francis and when I did I got rejected. I know Alex said he still wants to be friends and of course I do too, but it'll be so awkward now.

Like, i can't sit on his lap like I used to, I can't sleep in the same bed like we used to on sleepovers, It's just gonna be....different. I don't want us to grow distant so I'll just have to push my feelings for him down.

Easy enough.

Right?

3rd person POV:

While John was at home regretting his decisions Alex was having a mild panic attack. He couldn't believe what he had just done and how in the world he was supposed to reverse it. Of course Eliza was a fine girl, but Alex only had eyes for John. But how was he to break the news to Eliza?

He couldn't just go, 'oh sorry I actually don't like you that text was meant for someone else so you can tell your sisters it was an accident' because that would hurt her. He couldn't tell John yes because he had already told Eliza he would go out with her. The whole situation was just giving Alexander a headache. He decided to text the one girl that could be remotely helpful.

Youngscrapy: Peggy.

And pegGAY: oh hi Alex what's up

Youngscrapy: Oh you know, telling your sister I'd go out with her when in reality I meant to send the text to John. Same old same old.

And pegGAY: say what

Youngscrapy: Yeah, not sure how much Eliza's  told you but yeah. I need your help.

And pegGAY: i mean i love john but you can't just tell my sister you meant to send the text to someone else and you actually don't like her

Youngscrapy: Well I do like her. I just like John a little more.

And pegGAY: well if you like her can't you just try to date her? At least for a few days 8 haven't seen her this happy since my mom was around

Youngscrapy: I don't know Peggy...it feels a bit wrong to John.

And pegGAY: please just try a few days, plus this is a good way to see if John really really likes you because if he does he's willing to wait for you

Youngscrapy: Okay, I'll try. Maybe you're right.

And pegGAY: i always am anyways bye alex I have to go talk to john who's probably regretting his life decisions rn

Youngscrapy: Tell him I said hi, okay?

And pegGAY: ofc