Chapter 53

A/N: this is a cute lil chapter so here ya go <3

Alex's POV:

Me and John talked to Mrs. Washington about the therapist. She was understandably outraged by this and called the office immediately. Turns out that this Thomas Conway was some kind of last minute sub. Anyways, let's just say he won't be subbing for this office ever again.

We're driving to class when a genius idea came to my mind. "Hey John?" He looks over at me and tilts his head. "Yeah?" "Well, I just realized we've never really had a real, like, date." He turns his attention back to the road and hums. "Sure we have?"

I shake my head. "Nope, never." He ponders for a moment. "What about all those times we watched movies and cuddled and stuff? That's technically a date." I sigh and nod. "I guess so. We've just never really gone- out. Ya know? Like actually out." I explain. He nods.

"True. Alexander, would you give me the pleasure of coming on a date with me tonight?" He asks properly. I smile like a goof and nod excitedly. He peeks over at me and smiles. "Then it's settled." He says, pecking me on the cheek, making me blush slightly. We arrive at school and he opens the door for me.

~~~

3rd person POV:

The school day dragged on for way too long for the excited Alex. Meanwhile the day couldn't have been shorter for John. He was nervous about the whole date thing. He never really went on a date with Francis, and the dates he went on with Martha never felt right. So in conclusion he spent the entire school day wracking his brain for ideas. He eventually thought of an idea that he thought was good enough.

"Jacky!" Peggy shouted, zooming over to johns locker. He opened his arms up and she immediately ran into them, hugging him tightly. "Ugh. I've missed you!" She whines, looking up at him. "We haven't hung out in a while. Whatchu doin tonight?" She asks, pulling back.

John sighs happily and twists one of his loose curls. "I'm actually going on a date with Alex tonight.." he says dreamily. Peggy gasps and smacks his arm lightly. "Bitch! Why wouldn't you tell me? Where are y'all going?" She says fake-angry. "It's a surprise. I'll tell you later, mk? I gotta go if I want to get ready." She nods and slings her yellow and black striped backpack over her shoulder before walking off. "See ya, freckles."

~~

Alex's outfit^^

Alex's outfit^^

Johns outfit^^

Johns outfit^^

Alex's POV:

As soon as me and John get home I race upstairs to get dressed. John said where we're going closes at 5 so we have to get there soon. It's already 3:56 ugh. I grab some clothes from my dresser and get changed in the bathroom as John changes in my room. I smile at the outfit I picked, denim washed jeans and Johns oversized Nike hoodie. I let my hair out of the low ponytail for once and brush it out. I sigh happily and exit the bathroom.

I see John tying his low converse wearing a hoodie and jeans. Classic John. Somehow he always looks so good in it, though. His hair's in a high bun per usual but it looks like he styled it a little bit. I smile at him and walk over to him, holding his hands.

"You look very cute, like always." He says. I giggle and get on my tip toes to try and kiss him. He smiles and leans down so our lips touch. I smile into the kiss and he ruffles my hair. He pulls back. "I like your hair down. Very adorable." I giggle and tuck some loose hair behind my ear. "Shall we?" He asks. I nod happily and link arms with him.

We get in the car and he hands me a blindfold. "Put this on." He says. I chuckle. "Kinky." He rolls his eyes and I slip it over my eyes. "Are you gonna kill me? Because if you are might as well tell me now." I point out. He scoffs. "No, I'm not gonna kill you, lex." He says half disappointed and half amused.

The car pulls to a stop and he tells me I can take the blindfold off. I obey and see it's a cafe. I giggle a bit and shake my head. "Recognize it?" He asks with a smile. I smile back and nod. "It's the cafe we went to with our friends when I first met you." I answer happily. He nods with a goofy smile and pecks me on the cheek. "Sure is. Let's go inside." He opens the car door for me and we walk into the little cafe.

We take a seat in a corner booth and a waiter comes up to give us menu. "Welcome to café con leche, here's your menus." We thank her and scan the menu when I hear a familiar voice from behind us.

"Alexander!"

I turn my head around and see Aaron and theodosia around his arm. "Aaron burr, sir! Long time no see, how are you?" I ask. He beams and notions to Theo. "I've been good! Me and Theo started dating about a month ago." I congratulate him and say hi to Theo. After a couple minutes they walk to their booth.

"So are you ready to order?" John asks. I nod. "Uh, I think so. You?" He nods and I hand him my menu to stack up. The waiter comes back and we tell her our orders. "Can I have a coffee, with one cream five sugars? Also a blueberry muffin would be great." I say. She writes it down with a nod and turns to John. "I'll just have a caramel Frappuccino and a egg and bacon sandwich." She nods with a smile and walks off.

"I can't believe this is our first date." I say. He nods. "I know right! I've known you for almost a year and have been dating you for like three months. But anyways, how are you liking it so far?" He asks. I smile and giggle. "It's nice! I like the place you chose. Very sweet." He blushes and smiles. "Thanks. Do you know what college you're going to?" He asks. I ponder for a minute.

"I think kings college or maybe-" He cuts me off. "Wait really? Me too! That's actually really great because I was hoping we'd go to the same one." He exclaims excitedly. I chuckle and blush. "Me too. I can't believe we graduate in like two months." He nods. "I know! It's insane." We talk for a while longer and the waiter comes back with our orders.

We eat and talk some more. "This feels nice." John says abundantly. I tilt my head. "What do you mean?" I ask. "You know, just me and you, no drama, no trauma. Hey that rhymed. But you know, it feels nice. Calm." He replies. I smile and nod. "I know what you mean. And it does. Feels great." He smiles and we look around and realize we're the only ones here.

He picks up his phone and checks it. "Oh damn, it's 5:28 already." He says. I look over and realize the waiter is glaring at us to leave. "We should probably get out of here..." I suggest with a chuckle. John chuckles and agreed before taking my hand and leading me outside.

We get home and I say hi to the Washington's and Martha and James before me and John decide to watch a movie in the front room. We cuddle up under the blanket and I curl into his chest. "I had a good day with you." I hum, smiling softly. He chuckles. "I had a good day too, lex." He replies. I sigh happily and he kisses the top of my head.

This was a good day.