Chapter 35

Johns POV:

I go to Alex's bathroom so I can take a shower. It feels unimaginably good to be back here, in this house, the familiar comfort. I strip my clothes off and climb into the shower, the hot water stinging on my cuts and bruises.

My mind wanders to Francis and Reynolds. They really thought they could break me. Pft, yeah right. This is John Laurens here, the king of trauma. No teenagers can break me. No sir. They took me away from Alex, my comfort. That hurt. A lot. But I just kept him in my mind, knowing I would be back to him soon. And here I am.

I think I love him.

We aren't even official yet, but I think I love him. I've never felt so long when I was away from someone. Every single day, no matter what, my mind would always wonder to him. Hoping he was doing okay without me. Waiting to be with him again.

I wonder if he's broken up with Eliza. I'll ask him about that when I get out. As I'm lost in thoughts there's a knock on the bathroom door. "Yes?" I reply, and Alex's small voice piped up. "I have one of your hoodies, you left it here so I stole it. Do you wanna wear it for a change of clothes? I think Mr. Washington might have something your size, too." I chuckle at the idea of him wearing my hoodie.

"Yeah, thanks. That would be really nice, actually. I'll be out in a minute." I massage some shampoo into my curls and rinse it out. After I'm finally clean I hop out and wrap a towel around my waist. I exit the bathroom to see Alex sitting on his bed with a pair of clothes next to him.

"Thanks." I say, making him look up from his phone. His eyes go down to my abs and I see his cheeks turn a pink tint. "Oh, uh, no problem." He mutters, looking away quickly. He goes back to scrolling on his phone but I see him peek over every once in a while.

"Like whatcha see?" At this be turns even redder, puts his phone next to him, and sits up.  "I- I wasn't- um, n-no, yes. Yes I do." He sputters, I giggle and pull Washington's oversized shirt on. He frowns a bit. "Aw, man." I chuckle and go over and peck him on the nose. "Take a picture next time, it'll last longer." He fake glares. "S-shut up." I giggle and kiss his forehead.

"Should I invite our friends, so they can see you?" I look at him and deadpan. "It's 10:30, Alex." He rolls his eyes. "It's the weekend, dingus." I shrug. "Mayne it could just be me and you tonight, we'll invite them over for breakfast tomorrow."

He nods and puts his finger up like he's just remembered something. "Have you gone to your house yet?" I shake my head. Kinda forgot about that. "Did you text your siblings?" I quickly get out my phone and mumble shit under my breath. "No, lemme do that."

The older annoyance: james are y'all okay

Jemmy: dude where tf have u been

The older annoyance: it's a long story also watch your mouth your 14 not grown

Jemmy: I've had to make dinner for Martha and me for like the past three weeks. When r u coming back?

The older annoyance: ill try to come over tomorrow when dad isnt over

Jemmy: U don't have to worry abt that

The older annoyance: wdym

Jemmy: Henry hasn't been here for like two weeks so

The older annoyance: do you know where he is?

Jemmy: No but maybe he'll stay gone lol

The older annoyance: hold on i have to ask my friend something

Jemmy: mk hurry up

"Alex, do you think the Washington's will be okay if my little brother and sister stay here  for a couple weeks? They said my dad hasn't been home." He ponders for a second but nods.

"I'll ask them in the morning, sound good?" I nod happily. "Yes that sounds great, thank you so much Alex." He giggles and pecks my cheek. "No problem, Jacky."

The older annoyance: are you and martha okay with staying at my friends parents house the Washington's?

Jemmy: U mean like that one famous old lawyer dude?

The older annoyance: yeah

Jemmy: They rich?

The older annoyance: uh yeah they have like three extra guest rooms

Jemmy: Damn okay count us in

The older annoyance: language

Jemmy: Yeah whatever when u picking us up?

The older annoyance: tomorrow afternoon so start packing your clothes and stuff tonight

Jemmy: Mk I'll help mar too

The older annoyance: great ill see yall tomorrow

Jemmy: mk bye John

The older annoyance: see ya

"Thanks again, Alex. It means a lot." I say, as I sit on the bed next to him. He chuckles. "It's no big deal, really. The Washington's love kids." I smile and kiss him on the lips. He smiles into the kiss and pulls back after a while.

"Moana?"