Chapter 42

T.W: homophobic slur :/

Third person POV (oooo different):

John took a deep breath before walking through the schools double doors, hand-in-hand with Alex. As soon as they walked in the loud chatter of students flooded their senses. It's been almost a month since either of them have gone to school so they both forgot what it felt like.

"Mon amies!"

Laf rushed over to them and hugged them tightly, herc and Peggy following behind him. "Excited to be back in school?" She asked. "I know I am. I don't even wanna know how many assignments I have due..." Alex muttered. John chuckled. "You write non-stop I'm sure a few essays won't stop you." Alex giggled but his smile soon faltered when he saw Eliza.

She was by her sister, Angelica, and Abigail Adams, the teachers daughter. Eliza crossed her arms and glared at them. "Look how proud Alexander and John look. I can't believe Alex. I can't believe him. Or should I say her." Eliza spat, venom dripping off her tongue with every word. Angelica shifted uncomfortably and scratched her arm through her long sleeved pink sweater.

"We shouldn't disrespect his pronouns-" Abigail started, before getting rudely cut off by Eliza. "I'm sorry, did you get cheated on and dumped for a boy? No? Didn't think so." She snapped. Abigail quickly shut her mouth as Eliza slammed her locker and stormed off to her next class.

John followed Alex's eyes as he watched Eliza storm off. "You think she's still mad?" Alex muttered, messing with his hoodie sleeves. "It'll be fine, lexi. Just give it a couple days, she'll cool off." John comforted, earning a slow nod from Alex. "Now come on, torture awaits us."

•••

"If you have extra assignments you need to work on, looking at you Alex and John, please stay back so you may collect them!" Mr. Adams exclaimed. "You may now dismiss." He added. Everyone scurried out of the classroom and made their way to the cafeteria. Alex and John trudged over to the teacher and grabbed their work before following the students out.

As Alex and John were walking back to their lockers John felt a strong grip on his shoulder. He yelped at the unwelcome contact and spun around quickly, grabbing the attention of Alex. John relaxed when he saw who it was.

"Hey, John. I heard what Reynolds and Francis did to you and I just wanna say I'm sorry. I had no idea what they were doing, or that they even knew you like that. Are you okay though? Are you going to therapy or something?" Thomas asked, seeming genuinely worried.

"Oh. Thomas. It's fine, you didn't know. And I'm fine, I don't need therapy. Thanks though." He said, continuing to walk off before Thomas grabbed his wrist. John pulled away and flinched, making a look of worry wash over Thomas's face. "I think you should seriously consider it, John. They did some pretty fucked up shit to you. That sort of trauma isn't 'fine'." He pressed.

"Thomas. I'm fine." He snapped. Alex noticed his change in attitude and took his hand in his, pulling lightly. "John, come on." John looked over to Alex and his glare softened. He muttered a sorry under his breath and Alex just smiled at him softly, leading him down the hall. And so they walked off, leaving Thomas confused at what he did wrong.

"You okay, babe?" Alex mumbles softly to John. He looks over at Alex and flashes a small smile. Alex seems content with this answer and brings their intertwined hands to his lips, kissing Johns softly. He blushes and pecks Alex on the lips before opening their locker.

•••

"H-herc, mon dieu, s-stopppp" Laf says in between giggles. "Fine fine..." herc says, right before he smirks and wraps his arms around laf, beginning to tickle his stomach again. Laf giggles and squirms, breathless. Eventually herc stops. "Okay okayyyy, sorry laffy."

Laf giggles and playfully pushes him, warmth covering his cheeks. "Come on, mon amour, you can come over for dinner. You might not see my mom today though, she's feeling uh,
how you say...ill!" Herc nods and then starts pouting. "Aw man, I love mama Marie!" He whines, "Also, laf, what's mon amour mean?"

Laf blushes and stammers out a answer. "Oh, uh, it m-means...my friend in French." Hercules makes an 'o' shape with his mouth and continues to skip down the sidewalk with Lafayette. "Hey laf?" He looks over at herc and tilts his head questioningly. "I know what mon amour means." Lafayette looks at him speechless, trying to form words.

Herc smiles and grabs the back of lafs neck softly, pulling him in. Laf looks at him with a gasp and his face covered in red. Herc connects their lips softly earning a small squeak from laf. He kisses back and cups Herc's face. The moment would've lasted way longer if some asshole on the sidewalk wouldn't have yelled.

"Fags!"

They pulled away and herc glared at the dude. Laf simply held his middle finger up at him and pulled Herc in for another kiss, right in front of the homophobe. Herc chuckled into the kiss and pulled laf's waist closer.

After a moment Laf pulls back. "I've wanted to do that since I was 14 years old."

A/N: mullette's finally hereeee also, do you prefer 1st person Povs or 3rd person? I enjoy writing both