42.

CALLIE'S POV:

"I don't care if he's a foot taller than me." Liam began to say as we stood by the lacrosse field, "I think I can take him." he stared across the field towards Brett who was pulling his jersey over his head, then he turned back to look at Mason and I.

I nodded at him and gave him a small smile, I didn't want to really be smiling because, to be honest, I wasn't too thrilled about the fact that him, Scott, and Kira would be playing tonight. Especially since we had all just figured out that the killer was on the team, thanks to Stiles examining crime scene photos in class, and to Liam for knowing who bought the keg. Liam's eyes darted towards Mason and mine followed him, "Oh, yeah." Mason finally said when he noticed both of us staring at him, and then his attention went back to the other team.

Liam turned to look at his old team again and so did I, "What do you think you're doing?" Liam barked when he turned to face Mason and I again.

"I'm standing here?" I said as a question and gave him a confused look.

He shook his head at me and then nodded towards Mason. Mason's eyes drifted to Liam's, "What? Me?" he asked, Liam nodded his head at him, "Agreeing with you. I'm being agreeable."

I looked over towards Brett after seeing the look on Mason's face, "You think he's hot, don't you?" I chuckled and Liam spun around quickly to look at him.

"No!" he jumped, "No. Not at all. No way." he shook his head, but his eyes went back towards Brett, "Maybe. Yeah, maybe a little." Mason finally agreed with my accusation as he continued to stare at Brett.

"He wants to destroy me." Liam reminded his best friend.

"I think you could definitely take him." I grinned at him and he gave me a small smile as he turned away again.

"And then give him to me." Mason added. I covered my mouth as I tried to shield my laughter from Liam, but fortunately for us, Liam found this comment to be humorous as well, "No, I'm kidding. Just go out there and kick their smug prep school asses, man."

Liam smiled, "Alright," he held up his fist and the both hit knuckles.

Mason began to walk towards the bleachers as I stayed in front of Liam. Liam's eyes followed Mason, but then they came back to me. I smiled at him but then my eyes landed on Coach walking towards us, "How many times do I need to tell you?" he yelled as soon as I made eye contact, "If he sucks tonight because you're distracting him, I'll fail you."

"Coach, I have you for study hall..." I began to say.

He held up his hand to me, "I can still fail you in that." his eyes darted back and forth between Liam and I, "Why can't you distract the football players or baseball players..." he mumbled as he walked towards the player's bench.

I put my hand on my forehead then glanced back at Liam with warm cheeks, "So I guess that's my cue to go sit down and be a fan," I gave him an awkward smile, thanks to Coach's embarrassment.

He scratched the back of his neck, "Yeah, I guess so," he chuckled a bit.

"Uh, so do good," I smiled, "I mean I know you will, but you know what I mean..." I put my hand on my forehead again, "I'm going to go sit down now." I stood on my toes and pecked his cheek, then quickly walked towards Mason.

****

The second I sat down I heard Coach screaming his head off again, "Let's go! Let's go, come on!" he yelled in every direction, "Hey, McCall, I said get your ass out on the field!" he yelled towards Scott as he stood up right in front of him.

"But Coach, Liam's leg is still healing." Scott began, "I don't think he should play." My eyes looked away from Scott and towards Liam, he was jumping up and down, clearly not helping Scott by the look on Coach's face.