8.

STILES' POV:

"Hi, we're here to see my dad," I said to the woman who was at the front desk, she had been here forever but I still never managed to remember her name. I grabbed Callie's hand, which I felt her jump in shock, but she held onto it tightly as we walked into my father's office. I set down the vase of flowers, "You know, the last time we brought one of these to her grave it was stolen the same day. Hundred bucks down the drain," Callie stood back and looked around his office and I looked back and noticed that my dad was kneeling down on the ground, "Hey dad?" he looked up at me, "Hi, what are you doing down there?"

"Working, and hey if someone wants flowers that badly, they can have them. It's the gesture," he said as he began to look through a manila folder.

I took a step closer to his desk and peered over it to where he was, "Hey, dad, what is all this?"

"I've been looking over some old cases from a more illuminated perspective, if you know what I mean." he glanced up at me with a small smile on his face.

I picked up a folder off of his desk, opened it, and read it out loud, "Strange sighting of bipedal lizard man sprinting across freeway,"

"Kanima pile," my dad said as he patted his hand on the pile closest to me.

"What's a Kanima?" Callie asked, "Hi, Sheriff Stilinski,"

"Hi, honey," he looked up with a smile, "And it's a, uh well maybe Stiles should explain it."

"I'll tell you later," I said and she nodded, "Dad, you're not going through all you old cases seeing if any of them had something to do with the supernatural, are you?"

"I admit the recent opening of my eyes to the greater mysteries of the universe has got me reassessing. There's at least a hundred cases here where I look at the details and I can ask myself, 'If I knew then what I know now'."

I sighed as I glanced over at Callie, she was watching my father attentively, "Right, but are you sure you want to go down that path?"

He looked up from the folder in his hands, "Do I have a choice? There's one case in particular that I can't get out of my head. Eight years ago, I was elected Sheriff of County, my first official duty was to tell a man that not only had his wife and two kids died in a car accident, but, as best as we could tell, the body of his nine year old daughter had been dragged from the wreck by coyotes,"

"You mean dragged and eaten?" I asked and Callie gave me a grimace look.

My dad sighed, "We didn't find the car until three days after the crash. They had driven off the road into a pretty deep ravine. Two bodies that were still in the car were covered in bites and slashes,"

"So you're thinking bites and claw marks, probably a werewolf attack?" Callie spoke up as she stepped closer to my father and I.

My dad nodded his head at her, "Maybe,"

I held my hand up to him, "But coyotes, they scavenge, right?" I glanced at Callie who nodded her head at me, "So, couldn't they have just left the bites and the slashes?"

My dad nodded his head again, "Absolutely, but guess what night the accident occured on."

I sighed, "The night of a full moon." my dad nodded his head yet again, "Hey, dad, where are all these going?"

"Yeah, we, uh, we probably need to talk about that," he said with a sad look on his face.

"Dad, what is it?"

"The FBI is taking over our cases," he avoided my eyes.

"What agent, dad?" I could feel my blood boiling as I spoke.