50.

CALLIE'S POV:

"You're the smart one, figure out how to get me inside that school!" I whisper-yelled at Lydia as we casually walked through the mess of officers and CDC workers. Lydia turned towards me and gave me a look almost asking if I were crazy, "Lydia, come on!"

"Are you crazy?" she finally asked out loud, "You're the one who said that this virus is made to kill werewolves. And you, a werewolf, want to go inside where the virus is?"

I had to admit, her saying it out loud did make it sound like a not so great idea, but I nodded my head at her anyways, "Lydia, I need to make sure they're okay."

"Can't you just all use your wolf hearing thing and talk to each other that way?" she began to walk towards the sheriff again.

"I tried, but Scott isn't answering me." I said, "They're in the Hale vault, that's all I know."

Lydia stopped walking again and looked past me, "Just go in through the school sign then,"

"Oh right," I said sarcastically to her, "I should totally go and open up my family's werewolf vault and release three of our friends who could go on a kill rampage before they die themselves." Lydia stared at me, "Great plan."

Lydia threw her hands up, "I don't know what else to tell you." her eyes travelled away from me and towards the school, "They never lock the doors by the locker rooms, right?" I nodded my head at her, "And whenever any CDC people leave the school, they never secure the doors." she mumbled to herself.

"So I'll go through the doors by the locker rooms?" I said as I looked around, "It would look like I'm just leaving, no one would suspect a thing." I glanced over at the sheriff, "Except him."

"We'll just have to make sure that he doesn't notice you're gone." I nodded in agreement, "Is Liam willing to help?"

I shrugged, "I don't think he even knows that I'm still planning to get inside."

Lydia glared at me as she took a deep breath and shook her head. She began to pace in a small pattern in front of me and I stepped closer to her, "Callie, please!" she said, sounding like Sheriff Stilinski for the past two hours, "If you want my help, give me some room to breathe."

STILES' POV:

"Anything?" I asked Scott, both of us with our ears pressed against the vault's door.

"They're looking for us. Someone's going to have to go out there." Scott said as he looked towards me. I looked away and towards Malia, who was on the floor beside Kira, "We need to tell her the truth about Peter. She's going to see the rest of the dead pool eventually."

I looked back towards my best friend, "Try to remember that Peter is one name missing on that list." I stepped towards him, "Which either makes him incredibly lucky with the Benefactor. If she finds out about him she's going to go with him, you know she is. Then he's going to twist his way into her head like he does with everyone. Including us. We let him walk around like nothing ever happened, like he's one of the good guys... Scott, he's not one of the good guys." I know I was being harsh but I couldn't help it. I needed to get this through Scott's head, "If she finds out about him, she's gone. That's probably what he's waiting for and if he wins, we lose."

"We're already losing." Scott said in a hoarse voice. I watched as he slowly lifted up his left hand to see blood dripping from his finger nails. I ran my own fingers through my hair and glanced over at Malia.

****

"Malia... Malia," I whispered as I pushed on her arm lightly. When she didn't respond I put my hand on her forehead, she slowly sat up and blinked her eyes trying to figure out where she was. I didn't speak until she made eye contact with me, "I got to leave for a few, okay?"