59

STILES' POV:

"You are not going to Mexico." my dad said as he pointed both Callie and I after he had slammed his office door shut. 

"Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico. Okay?" I quickly responded, "I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico, and Callie agrees." my dad and I both looked over at her and she gave him a big smile and nodded her head.

"Okay," he took a deep breath, "Even if Deaton is right about this..."

"Yeah?" Callie and I said at the same time.

"The best thing to do is to go through the proper channels."

"Dad..." I groaned.

"That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."

"Dad," I interrupted him, "I can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices. Okay? Someones needs to go down there right now, find them and rescue them. We're going." I raised my voice slightly. 

My dad stood up straight, "I can keep you from going."

"Sheriff, we'd find a way."  Callie quietly spoke up from beside me.

His eyes darted towards he, " can throw you in a cell, both of you."

"We'd still find a way." Callie retaliated with a shrug.

"Stiles, Callie, please." he practically begged us, "Just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a  third eye!" he pointed to his forehead, "Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book three flights to Mexico. We'll all go, okay?" he tried to level with us.

"Okay, okay, great." I nodded then I held my hands up, "Do I get a gun?" 

Callie sighed beside me, "Stiles," she shook her head and rolled her eyes at me as she made her way towards my dad's office door.

"No," my dad gave me an identical look as he followed her. 

****

DEREK'S POV:

I watched Braeden get all the guns ready for our trip to Mexico, "I still don't like relying on these things." I shook my head.

"I get it, you miss your power." she looked at me, "I would too."

I shook my head at her, "It's not about the power, it's about being able to help." I answered her, "I don't like feeling helpless."

"I'm human." she retorted, "Do I look helpless?"

I smiled at her, "You're a much better shot than me."

She lowered the gun in her hands and I could feel her eyes on me "Do you really think you won't be coming back?"

"Not alive." I mumbled, not looking at her.

"You know I'm not okay with that." she set the gun down and walked over to me.

I turned to face Braeden then gently pulled her towards me, pressing a soft kiss to her lips, "I am," she looked up at me, hurt, "If it saves Scott and Kira." my thoughts then drifted to Callie after I spoke those words, "But to be honest, I don't even know if this is enough firepower to take down one Berserker."

"Not even close." I looked up at the stairs to see Peter walking down them, "Killer a Berserker is next to impossible. It's not just the firepower, it's breaking the animal spirit from the human."