18.

CALLIE'S POV:

"Lydia, I don't want to say 'Are you sure about this' but no, he's here." the sheriff said as we all stood outside the gates of Eichen House.

"He's here, I swear to God he's here," Lydia said and with that we were all inside the building.

I stayed close to Sheriff Stilinski, "I need access to all basement rooms in this facility." he ordered as he leaned onto the front desk.

I ran ahead of the boys with Lydia when she came to a halt, me flying into her, "What are you doing?" I asked and I followed her stare, "Here?" I asked.

"It's right here." she confirmed.

Sheriff Stilinski opened the door and I flew down the stairs, "Stiles?" I yelled looking all around the room, "Lydia?" I stared at her waiting for an answer as to why Stiles was nowhere in sight.

"I don't get it. This has to be it." she whispered.

"Then where is he, huh? Where is he? Where is he?" Sheriff Stilinski yelled at the strawberry blonde, "I'm sorry." he shook his head and walked back up the stairs.

I stared at Lydia in confusion, she had been so sure that he was here, "I don't understand." she said looking up at me, confusion filling her whole face as well, "I'm sorry, Callie." she shook her head at herself.

"Lydia," I closed the space between us and hugged her.

****

STILES' POV:

"You don't understand, do you?" the man asked me and I let out a cough, "It's a riddle. Do you know any riddles, Stiles?"

I spoke quietly, "A few."

"What gets bigger the more you take away?" he asked.

"A hole."

"What gets wetter the more it dries?"

"A towel." I sniffled and waited for him to ask me another one.

"When is a door not a door."

I felt my eyes go wide as Callie's voice floated into my head, 'When it's ajar.' she had said in the animal clinic, I looked up at the man, "When it's ajar." I said quietly and looked away from him.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it." he said, "What is it?"

"I don't," I took a deep breath and tried to think as a shiver went down my whole body.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it, Stiles?"

"I don't, I don't know!" I looked away from him closing my eyes as he got closer to me.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it!" he said back at me and began to speak the same Japanese words as before.

I groaned in pain again, "I don't know!" he got in my face and yelled as I turned away from him. A shot of pain went to my ankle as he grabbed onto the trap and began to drag me away from where I was sitting, "No! No! No! No!" I yelled as loud as I could, clawing at the ground, "No wait!" I felt arms around me and I panicked even more, "Wait! Wait!" I cried out.

"Stiles!"

"Wait, no! Wait!" I screamed over the other person.

"Stiles!" they said again.

"Wait!" I began to fling my body around.

"Stiles, you're alright! Okay! You're alright, Stiles, you're alright." I recognized the voice as Melissa McCall and I felt myself calming down, my breathing was still out of control, but I knew I was safe now.