1.

CALLIE'S POV:

I coughed up blood as I grabbed onto my stomach in pain. My vision was blurred, I could feel my eyes swelling more and more as the seconds ticked by. I had just been minding my own business, just walking around town trying to find a place to crash for the night, then bang, three guys with hoods came and attacked me. I could remember one of their faces, their hood had fallen off as he stood over me, but I tried to push his face further and further out of my mind. I attempted to lift myself up onto my elbows to try and crawl away from the alley and to an open area where I could hopefully be seen.

I felt helpless as I tried to move my entire body away from the pool of blood that began to puddle around me. I continued to scoot until I heard footsteps coming towards me again, "No, please don't! I don't have anything!" I cried and covered my head and pressed my face against thec cold sidewalk. The steps stopped right next to me and I felt a warm hand being placed on the center of my back, "Please," I could feel the tears beginning to fall as the hand began to rub my back.

"It's okay," the person said, "I'm here to help you, not hurt you," he said, "But you have to trust me." I pushed myself up so I could try and see the face that belonged to this comforting voice

"I'm dying, there's nothing you can do that can stop that. It's happening, I know it is." I coughed and more blood came up.

"I can save you," he said. I looked up at his face as the street lamp was shining on him, but all I could focus on were his red glowing eyes, "You have to trust me though," was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

But the last thing I felt was excrusiating pain coming from my right arm.

****

I blinked my eyes open as I felt the sun shining on my face. I looked around the unknown room in confusion, I had never seen this place before. I heard the shower running from behind the door that was beside the bed that I sat on. I slowly got up but I didn't feel any pain throughout any part of my body at all. I let my eyes scan the room for a mirror until I finally saw my own reflection, I walked quickly over to it. I looked fine, it looked like nothing had happened to me the night before.

"You're awake," I heard the voice from last night, the voice that was paired with glowing red eyes. I slowly turned around, scared of what I might actually see now that we were in the daylight. Our eyes met, but instead of glowing red, I stared into brown ones, just like mine. He wasn't scary looking at all, he was just a teenager, I tried to think of something to say but he spoke first, "How are you feeling?"

I looked down at myself and said, "Great, I, uh..." I looked down at my hands, "How..." I didn't know how to ask him the question.

"How did I save you?" he asked for me. I nodded my head slowly and sat down at the end of the bed, "It's going to sound crazy, but I'm telling you the absolute truth, okay?" he sat down next to me once I nodded my head again at him.

"Your eyes were glowing red last night." I said as I observed his eyes now.

"I'm an alpha werewolf." he said with a serious face. I felt my eyes widened, of course I had heard the stories of the supernatural but none of them were ever based in this town, only in Beacon Hills.

"Who are you?"

"Scott McCall," he smiled at me, "I'm not from here, I'm from Beacon Hills, and I'm your alpha werewolf now." I stared at him, "I'm going to teach you everything you need to know about being a werewolf."

"Why?"

"Because I bit you, you were dying, I wasn't going to let an innocent person die right in front of me when I know I could save you." he said.