16.

STILES' POV:

"So then she starts talking about phosphors and the key having chemicals on it, right? And so that made me think of the chemistry closet and the fact that someone had to let Barrow in." I explained as we walked into the chemistry room so we could show him the atomic numbers, and my identical handwriting beside it, "It's gone. Okay, it doesn't matter though. It doesn't matter. I've still got the key." I pulled out my key ring from my pocket, "What the hell? I had it, I had it here. I had it here this morning, I swear to God, Callie saw it, I had it this morning."

"The key you were talking about last night?" Scott asked as I continued to stare at the key ring.

"Yeah, I showed it to you, right? Didn't I show it to you?"

"No, you just told me about it. I never actually saw it." Scott glanced up at me.

"We were here a couple of hours ago. And the message left to Barrow spelling Kira's name was right there on the board in my handwriting and I had the key to the chemistry closet." I said frantically, I looked over at Callie, and she was nodding her head at Scott.

"So you unlocked the chemistry closet to Barrow could hide in it from the cops and then you wrote him a message to kill Kira?"

"I know how it sounds but look at this. This is the news report that came out about Barrow when they caught him, okay? About the shrapnel bomb that he used. See this?" I held up a piece of paper, "See what he did? He put nuts, bolts, and screws. And then he hid the bomb and the detonator in a box that he wrapped as a birthday present. What does that sound like to you?"

"Coach," Callie said before Scott could think about what I said.

I nodded my head, "The joke we played on Coach. That was my idea. You remember? That was my idea. That's no coincidence. It can't be."

Scott sighed, "I don't want to sound like I'm trying to tell you that you're wrong. But I don't think you're trying to kill people either."

"It was here. It was all here."

"Dude, are you feeling okay?" Scott asked, "You're looking really tired."

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"He hasn't been sleeping lately," Callie said as she made eye contact with me.

"Why don't you go home? Take a sick day or something. I'll make sure Callie gets home," I looked over at my girlfriend and she nodded her head in agreement. I agreed with them, pecked a kiss on Callie's lips, and made my way to my jeep. But I wasn't going home.

****

CALLIE'S POV:

"Did you tell him?" Aiden asked Scott.

"No. He's got enough on his mind right now." Scott said, "I told Callie though."

"If they're coming for you two in a few hours then so do both of you," Ethan said.

"What if it's not us? Okay? What if we aren't the only ones they want?" Callie asked.

"Who else is there?" Ethan asked as the both looked at me with confused looks. I turned to face away from them when I saw Kira walking down the stairs.

****

STILES' POV:

"Dr. Gardner's not back until next week. Do you want to try waiting for one of the urgent care doctors or-" Melissa stopped talking and looked up at me, "Stiles, are you alright?"

"I don't know. I guess, I guess not really."

She looked at me for a few seconds then said, "Alright, kiddo. Alright, come with me. It's okay." I followed her into one of the rooms and sat down on the bed, she had a clipboard in her hand, ready to ask me questions, "Okay tell me what you're experiencing."