Chapter 47

||Monica||

"Why didn't you just tell me?!"

"Do you know how much pain you put me through?!"

"We could've been in it together like usual."

"It needed to look real." Jayceon said.

"If y'all didn't look like I died they would've known I didn't. They would've questioned Daquan and Jamar. Probably wouldn't have let me in with out showing my face." He said.

"But why did destiny get to know?"

"I didn't plan it that way. She saw me at the funeral. I didn't willingly tell her." He said.

"How long did Rashawn know?"

"Only like a month ago." He said.

" did you know he was gonna kidnap Ariah?"

" no but I'm glad I was there to take care of her instead of somebody else." He said.

" me too. I was scared half to death. I mean I doubt they'd know how to take care of a whole child, so I was thinking they were neglecting her."

" yeah destiny helped me out with some of this because I didn't know how to take care of her either." He said. I let out a little chuckle. Then, it got silent.

"Soooo about us-." Jayceon was cut off by the car door opening.

It was Rashawn, daQuan and Jamar. They supporting Rashawn.

" what happened to him?"

"He got shot in his leg." Jamar said sitting him in seat.

"What y'all finna do?" Jayceon asked.

"Help clean this place out." Daquan said.

"Yup." Jamar agreed.

" look we ain't got time for small talk. We gotta go."

"Yeah...I agree..." Rashawn said in pain.

" let us let y'all get to the hospital. We got everything back here." Jamar said. They closed the door. Jayceon started the car, and he drove off.

___________________________________________

The doctor finally came to us. We stood up.

"How is he?" I asked her.

" he's in stable condition." She said.

"The bullet exploded leaving fragments everywhere. This complicated the surgery a little bit but we removed what we could, recovery may take longer than usual but he should heal perfectly fine, but he might end up walking with a limp." She said.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"It also seems like he's been under a lot of stress and not sleeping too much, so do make sure he's getting the proper rest that he needs." She added.