Chapter 11

Rashawn⬆️

"Are you in love with him?" He asked.

Silence came over us.

Am I in love with Jayceon?

"I guess... I got my answer," he said letting go.

"I'll find the room myself," he said.

As I ran upstairs, I said one last thing.

"Dinner's in the fridge, goodnight!"

I went into my room and closed the door.
My heart was beating very fast. I got in bed and scrolled through Instagram until I fell asleep.

Friday, January 10th

I wake up, take a shower, and do my feminine duties. I put on a plaid sweatshirt, skinny jeans, and some blue uggs. I put the top part of my braids in a ponytail. Then, I put silver ring cuffs on my braids.

 Then, I put silver ring cuffs on my braids

I wake up Miracle. Then, I go make some bacon, eggs, and french toast. Once I'm done, I wake up Freeman and tell him to come to eat.

As we're sitting at the table, it's silent. I'm thinking about how this table used to be more than just three people. I missed when things were not perfect but good enough for me. Despite what happened between closed doors, I found myself missing those days. My mom was around more. My dad wasn't in jail. I had both best friends by my side, and I had my other half. It was perfect.

Once everyone's done, I clean the dishes. Then, Miracle, and I leave out of the house.

            *               *               *

I grab the things I need from my locker. Then, I headed to the advisory. I sat in the back with Laila.

"Yo."

"Hey," she said putting her head down.

I put my head down as well.

"I'm so damn sleepy," I said yawning.

"I know, right?" She said, "My dad kept me up all damn night."

"I thought you were supposed to be moving?"

"Actually, I'm doing that tonight," she said.

"I got most of my stuff in my car. I just need a few things," she said.

"Can I join? Miracle's staying over her friend's house again, and I don't wanna be alone in the house with Freeman."

"The Freeman? Girl, what happened?" She asked.

"I'll tell you later."

"Okay, and yeah you can come, but you know how my dad is," she said.

"Yeah...I know."