Chapter 40

||Jayceon||
(Present Time)

"Sooo is y'all trynna get some food after this orrrr?" Jamar asked.

"Nigga we in the middle of a job, and you thinking about food," I whispered.

"What? I'm hungry..." He said. I shook my head.

"Why did he gotta send you with me? He could've sent Quan or some."

"Quan got a job of his own, and I feel hurt. I thought we was best friends." He whispered back.

"Where you get this info from?"

"Wow..." He said.

"Ight. You see him?" I asked him referring to the person we supposed to snipe.

"Yeah. He in his room..." He said. He made a gagging sound.

"...fuckin his girl..." He finished. I laughed.

"We should switch positions." He said.

"Naw I'm good where I'm at bro."

"Aye, he headed your way." He said.

"Ight." I look in the scope and got ready to take the shot. I saw him insight. I took a deep breath then pulled the trigger.

"Ight. Hurry up and get outta there." I said to Jamar.

"Wayy ahead of you." He said.

||Monica||

Calling Mari😩❤

"I mean come on Mari. It's not that damn busy down there!"

"I'm sorry, baby. It really is. It's a lot of paperwork that needs to be done that can't trust anyone else do themselves." He said.

I sighed. This has been happening a lot lately. We make plans then he has to cancel due to his workload. He comes home later than he usually does. Sometimes, he doesn't even come home. I made more time for us just for his work to get in the way. 

"I'm really sorry, bae..." He said.

"I know..."

"I gotta go. We'll figure this out." He said.

"Okay. I love you." I said.

"You too." He said then quickly hung up the phone.

I ploppled on the couch upset letting my phone slip out of my hand. I had gotten ready and everything. I even took Ari to her grandma's house for the weekend. Now look at me. Alone. Again. I hate here sometimes. I really do. Unfortunately, I started to get in my head. I hate when I do this, so I always distract myself from thinking with other stuff, but there's nothing to distract myself with.

I start to think about Jayceon. I always end up thinking about him. Honestly, when is he not on my mind. I've been having nightmares about his death. They've been keeping me up at night. It's crazy how I'm only able to not be stressed for a short time.