Chapter 4

"Hang that a little higher. Little higher... okay right there."

"Perfect. Miracle how's the Christmas tree going?"

"Good," she said holding up two thumbs.

"Ight we need to go shopping for these long list of ingredients."

"When is momma coming?" Rashawn asked.

"She flying in at like 5 in the morning."

"Ain't she supposed be helping you cook?" He asked.

"Yes, but it's better to start cooking now. Plus grandma coming today anyway."

"Aw," he said.

"I'm glad we had an early start on this because we needed all the time. This some real last minute planning."

"But for real who finna go shopping with me?"

"I'll go," Josh said.

"Me too!" Miracle said.

"I can go too," Trayveon said.

"Ight. Rashawn, finish the tree please."

"This big ass tree. How I'm supposed to get to the top?" He asked.

"Go at the top of the stairs, duuhhh."

He shook his head.

"See you later."

We went to the store and got all the ingredients I needed. When we got home my grandma was already here ready to help start making the food. Today was a very exhausting day, so I decided to take a break and nap a little.

Josh POV

I finish helping Grandma Betty put up some food then go look for Monica.
I go upstairs to find her sleep in her bed. She did do a lot despite being a lil crippled. I pulled a cover over her and turned off the light. Then I left out.

I went down to the living room where Trayveon and Rashawn.

"What Mo doing?" Rashawn asked.

"She knocked out."

"She should be. All the shit she was doing today. She needs a break to rest," Trayveon said.

Wednesday, December 25
7:00am

"Wake up! Wake up! MoMo it's Christmas! Wake uuuuup!"

I wake up to Miracle pouncing on my bed. I smiled.

"Merry Christmas Mini Mi!"

"Merry Christmas!" She said back.

I noticed that she had a the picture frame in her hand with her mother's picture in it.

"Let's go open presents!"

"Yaaaay!" She said running out of the room.

I follow her downstairs where I see Rashawn, Josh, and Trayveon. They're sitting right by the tree.

"She's up! Let's start opening gifts!" Miracle says.

I sit down with them and start getting the gifts with my name on them. The first gift I open honestly touched me. It was a collage of pictures of all my favorite people. It was from Rashawn.

"Awww. Thank you Rashawn."

"No problem sis," he said.

We were having a nice, calm, stressless Christmas morning. When Grandma and grandpa woke up, we had breakfast. We gave them their gifts as well. My mom flew in early, so we let her rest. I went upstairs to my room and put on an outfit. I put on an ugly Christmas sweater with jeans, and uggs boots.