Chapter 15

(Oh my god y'all! I hurt my foot falling UP the stairs at school. I'm so damn slow. Hurt so bad.)

"If you get it right, she won't get a punishment. If you get it wrong, well, just don't get it wrong," he said.

"And if I don't play?"

"She dies altogether," he said.

||Antonio||

"AHHHH!" I hear screams.

"STOP GODDAMMIT! SHE'S SIX-FUCKING-TEEN! BASICALLY A KID," I hear Monica say.

"I think I'm gonna be sick," I heard.

I know this ain't right, but I need the money. This goes against everything I was taught but what else am I supposed to? I can't get no regular job. Them niggas don't want any criminal. This the only way.

   *                          *                          *

||Monica||

"Ight. A little more. Come on girl just a little more."

It was late at night. I know because I have a watch on my ankle. Don't ask why. Despite her injuries, she was trying her best to pass the knife they had left. I swear these niggas stupid. I'm glad Antonio ain't carry this out. He the only nigga that is somewhat smart.

"Just. A little. More," I said holding my hand out.

She was chained behind me so, it was a little easier to put the knife in my hand. I knew what I was going to do to get us out of our restraints. I didn't know how I was going to get home or how to even get out of the room.

Malu reached as far as she could. Finally, I was able to get a knife. I continuously cut the rope until I could get free. Then I cut the rope around my ankles. Malu had said they left the key under my seat.

I just gotta address this again. Who leaves a knife right next to the person you were harming? That is so damn stupid.

I got the key and unlocked the chains.

"Hold on."

I went over to the cabinet and opened it. Inside were guns, knives, etc. I grabbed a gun and some bullets. I grabbed some alcohol and bandages. I did the best I could to patch the cuts up, but they were kinda deep.

I put Malu's arm around my shoulder and helped her stand. I sit her in the chair. I look all around the room for another exit but don't find one.

New idea.

I walk over to the chair and push it towards the door.

Malu coughs. "Whatcha doing?" She asked.

"We're just gonna have to wait. There's no other way to get out."

"What about up there?" She asked pointing to an open vent in the ceiling.

"You won't be able to get up there."

"But you will," she said.

"Just stop. I'm not leaving you here."