Chapter 38

||Jayceon||
(A year ago)

I walk up to the to the stage with my speech in my hand and grab the mic.

"Good afternoon! It's my
great pleasure
to be here, talking to you in such a special occasion. Let me
give a special thank to welcome
parents, relatives, friends,teachers and administrators for
attending our graduation ceremony today..."

I talk and talk and talk. I was almost at the end of my speech when some people came and yelled "Everybody get down!"

The lights turn off . Out of nowhere, I start to hear gunshots go off. Even though I can't really see, I get off the stage. I was about to run around looking for Monica and my mom when all of a sudden I feel a sharp pain in my leg and in my stomach. I fall to the ground.

I hear Monica scream my name as she ran towards me. The lights turn on, and I'm just laying there unable to move with Monica holding my head in her arms crying. The pain was too much, and I blacked out.

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

I wake up, but unable to open my eyes, or move at all. I hear Monica start to talk to me.

"It's been almost two months J. Come on. Time to wake up. You missed your birthday. You're 19 now. How does it feel?"

"I know mines didn't feel too great. I didn't even celebrate. They tried to get me to, but I wasn't feeling it without you." She said.

She was silent for a moment.

"I got something to tell you, Jc." She said. I heard her take a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant." I heard her start to break down and cry.

What?! What did she just say???

"I'm keeping it of course." She continued.

"I hope you wake up soon. I don't wanna miss this experience with you. I mean, if you even want kids." She said.

Of course I want kids. Especially with you!

I heard a ring. I assume a phone ring. I hear her answer then a door, so I assume she walked out.

Damn...I'm gonna be a father. Shit as long as it's with her, we gon be ight.

              (Later That Night)
I heard the door open. I thought it was one of the nurses.

I heard a crash in the room.

"Shit!" I heard.

"Shut up dumbass before someone see us."

"Who tf gon see us???"

"You know damn well there's not only cameras. It's patients as well."

"Who they gon tell when they dead???"

"Muhfucca we can't kill everybody that sees us. The way your going, the whole building gon see us. You gon kill everybody in this bitch?"

"Hell yeah. Explosives is a thing."

"You crazy asf, Jamar."

"Only for killing." Lemar said, "only for killing, Dequan."

Dequan?!?!

"Where Justin?" He asked.

"Shiddd I don't know. He was behind me." Lemar answered.

"I'm here." He said.

"You scared the fuck out a nigga." Lemar said.

He laughed.

"Can we just get back to this nigga?" Justin said.

"Killing or kidnapping?" He asked.

"Damn. You ain't got no remorse." Lemar said.

"I mean I knew something was up with him. I just ain't say nun." He said.

"Let me get my last words to him before." Dequan said.

"I mean we got all night, so go ahead." Justin said.

"Damn bro. Ian know you was one of the ops. Truth be told ian got to much trust in them."

I had completely forgotten about him. My own bsf.

"Well damn. Ion trust you either then nigga." Justin said.

"Look, I'm supposed to be coming here to kill you." He said.

"But ian got the heart to kill a brotha." He said.

"Huh-." Justin started to say then I heard a loud thud.

"We gon have to work some out tho cuz I need proof, and I got two weeks to show it." He continued.

"So hurry up, and wake yo ass up. I know you listening too."

He was silent for second.

"I gotta go. I'll see you." He said.

"So call this number when you wake up. I suggest saying your goodbyes to your loved ones. At least, for now." He said.

"Let's go Lemar." Dequan said.

"Help me carry him. This nigga heavy." Lemar said.

I hear the door open then close.

Damn. I slipped up with going under cover. So much has happened that I let them find out. So I gotta miss out on Monica? Nah there's gotta be a better option this can't be like this.

(Word Count:803)
(I'm sorry y'all. I'm not even home. I'm in Florida. This chapter is shorter than usual and rushed cuz ian wanna leave y'all with nothing this weekend. Imma be back on it next time if nothing happen)