Chapter 17

"You ever been kidnapped before?" She asks.

"Yeah. Just once wayyy before this."

"What happened? If you don't mind me asking," she said.

"At this time, my dad was involved in some illegal activities, so it was dangerous for the whole family. He made a lot of enemies."

"One day, me and my dad was just going to the liquor store to get some snacks, so we could watch a movie at home together."

"He told me to wait in the car this time. Maybe something was wrong in the store. I don't know."

"Some dude came by the car and broke the window. He got in, and I opened the door and tried to run in the store."

"However, there was another man, and he grabbed me. He put me in his van and left."

"Wooow. How did you get found?" Malu asked.

"My dad, of course. He knew there was only one person to be stupid enough to take his prized possession."

"Who?" She asked.

"A man named Lyon. At least that's what they called him in the streets."

"How do you know?" She asked.

"I asked."

"You see, he had a son of his own, so he doesn't hurt children. In fact, I wasn't kept in a place like we are now. I was at their house."

"It was never his intention to hurt me at all."

My face went dark.

"Despite that, my dad, um. He did some very unpleasant things to these people and their family."

"What did he do?" She asked.

"You promise not to tell?"

"I put it on the lord himself," Malu said.

"H-he killed them. All of them except for his son, King."

"Oh wow," Malu said.

"Yeah. Something stood out to me while I was there though. They had an actual lion logo in their living room. That same logo was on our door a few days before that."

"I feel like my dad should've been more careful."

"Wow. What happened to the kid?" She asked.

"I'm not sure."

"Your dad just left him there?" She asked.

"Yep."

"You must have mixed feelings about your dad," she says.

"A lot of mixed feelings."

We reach one of the ends of the vents. It's dark, but I could see it lead outside. I went back a little and kicked it out, so we could get through. I took a deep breath and jumped. Luckily, it wasn't that far from the ground.