Chapter 18

(My ass need to go the fuck to sleep🤦🏾‍♀️ It's 2:38 in the damn morning)

"Do you know who kidnapped you all?" One police officer asked.

"I'm not sure if it's their actual name, but Tyrone, Antonio, and ManMan," I answered.

"Okay, and could you explain to me what you all were doing right before the kidnapping?" The other asked.

"I was...in my house. I had gotten up to get something to drink, but I heard a sound, so I checked it out."

"Were you alone?" The officer asked.

"No. I was with a friend."

"Could this friend be the reason you were kidnapped?" The officer asked.

"No."

"Can you remember ANYthing from your time being captured that could help find who wanted you both?" He asked.

I think back to everything that's happened these past few nights, and that's when I remembered it.

I'm so damn stupid! Of course, it's him!

"No. I'm honestly not sure," I lied.

Who else would it be? Of course, King would avenge his family! I'm so dumb.

"Are you sure?" The officer asked.

"Yes..."

"Alright, well if you think of something tell us," the officer said before leaving.
I rubbed my hand down my face.

"I'm gonna have to leave."

"Whyyyy? I liked having an older sister," she said pouting. I chuckled.

"I can still be your older sister. I just can't stay here forever. I got a family to see."

"I guess," she said.

Thursday, January 16th

Mrs.Leota made sure I was good and helped me get to where my mom was at. She was very nice, and I told her, I appreciated it.

"Bye Mrs. Leota! Thanks again!" I said waving as she drove off. I went up to the apartment she was in and knocked.
Out came Chris, my mom's fiance.

"Well, hello there doll. I'm guessing you're here to see your mom," he said.

"Hi...Yeah, I'm here to see her."

"Come on in," he said. He's nicer than I thought to be honest. Every time, I see him, though, I can never look him in the face. His son, Kavarrion, looked just like him.

I came in, and my momma was on the couch playing with Miracle.

"Hey, mommy." She got up immediately and hugged me, and I hugged back.

"I was just about to file a missing report on you, girl! I'm so glad you're okay!" She said.

"MoMo!" Miracle yelled. She hugged me. "I missed you!" She said.