⁘Chapter 5⁘

⁕ ⁕ ⁕

Mridula gaped with a wide mouth, but the woman frowned with confusion.

"Excuse me?" The woman mumbled and whisked her keys away from Mridula and left down the sidewalk.

"That was weird." Mridula rubbed her forehead, and let her feet carry her back to the hospital. She earned a few whistles and cat-calls while walking past a group of guys. She clenched her jaw and shot them an angry glare. She could feel their gazes burning into her back when she entered the hospital.

Mridula once again gaped with her mouth open, there were around four bulky men stopping her way into the Polio Prevention Wing.

"Uhm..." Mridula frowned and shifted on her feet. The men didn't budge from her way, Mridula was getting slightly peeved.

"Look, I'm a doctor here." Mridula tapped her foot, the men finally took notice of her.

"Sorry, Miss." One of the men had enough manners to apologize and shuffled away to let her into the wing. A sigh of vexation escaped from Mridula, she stalked inside with a burning desire to smack Shreyas on the head. She wanted to give him the yelling of a lifetime.

"-Look, Smrithi. I'm sick and tired of you manipulating me!" Shreyas's voice spoke with an exhausted tone, Mridula felt ashamed immediately. She was supposed to be taking care of him, he hadn't slept in a day.

"But babe-!" A feminine voice that sounded similar to Doctor Shree's high pitched and nails on chalkboard style.

"Smrithi, You cheated on me, and dated me for fame." Shreyas started to speak in a more patient tone. Mridula felt a twinge of sympathy for Shreyas.

"I've had a bad enough year, I don't need to make it worse by dating you." He added harshly making Mridula wince. The room fell into an awkward silence, as Mridula leaned forward to listen a bit more.

"Are you going to stand there forever?" Shreyas's bitter voice chuckled, Mridula flinched. Knowing she had been caught, she grabbed a clipboard and walked in with an embarrassed look on her face.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop-" Mridula began to apologize but Shreyas waved it aside with a dismissing wave of his hand. Silence wrapped around the room quickly once more.

"It's fine," Shreyas grinned as though it wasn't a matter worth discussing.

"So, I'm here to give you a quick check-up." Mridula cleared her throat and tugged the edge of her coat.

"About Alia." Shreyas rubbed the back of his neck and silence became tensed. "I'm sorry."

Mridula turned out so quickly that she bumped her head on the cream-colored cupboard's open door. She exclaimed in pain and Shreyas winced, trying to control his laughter. Mridula had never expected that this 'arrogant prick' would apologize.

"It's fine." She quickly ended the conversation before it could get awkward, Shreyas grinned. Mridula's phone pinged, unconsciously she pulled the phone out of her pocket to check it. A smile lit up on her face when she saw the notification.

***

One Message From Aravind

***

Her fingers began to tap away from a reply to him.

***

***

Shreyas frowned trying to get a look at Mridula's phone, But Mridula had wisely turned her back to him.

"Who are you texting?" Shreyas asked in a tone that he thought was casual.

"None of your business." Mridula retorted with a snort, but there was a hint of laughter in her voice.

"She's texting me." A male voice chuckled from the entrance to the room, Mridula whipped around with a puzzled expression.

"Aravind?" Mridula shook her head with disbelief, Aravind chuckled and leaned on the door frame. Shreyas sent a silent prayer that the door should collapse, sending Aravind sprawling on the ground. But his pleas were unheard and unanswered.

"Who?" Shreyas grunted and eyed Aravind suspiciously, Rakesh popped up from behind Aravind.

"Ahh! Bhoot!" Mridula exclaimed with mock shock and fear, which was greeted by a laugh from Aravind and snort from Rakesh.

"Well, coffee at Starbucks or the local cafe?" Aravind pondered, Mridula rolled her eyes and took off her white coat. Shreyas watched the two of them wondering if they were in a relationship.

"Starbucks and a walk?" Mridula suggested, Aravind nodded with agreement. Shreyas had adopted the identity of a third wheel. Rakesh on the other hand was gleeful that he wasn't the third wheel for once. Aravind led Mridula away, with Shreyas drilling holes into his back with a fiery glare.

"Are they dating?" Shreyas demanded the moment that Mridula and Aravind were out of ear-shot, Rakesh rolled his eyes.

"Not yet," Rakesh answered and started the regular routine of checkups.

"Well, that clarified everything," Shreyas muttered under his breath, Rakesh snickered.

"The entire hospital ships them, they go out for coffee and sometimes even a movie." Rakesh shrugged, he too wondered sometimes if Aravind and Mridula were dating.

⁕ ⁕ ⁕

"Can I ask you something?" Aravind turned to Mridula, she sipped her coffee and nodded.

Aravind paused and gathered his courage. "What would you're reaction be if I said that I wanted to date you?"

***

Ooop! Looks like there's a bit of a love triangle~ 

We have one jealous Shreyas xD