Epilogue

Shreyas's POV

***

I trudged inside the house, exhausted, I heard squealing and footsteps. Forcing myself to stay awake, I awaited the tackles and hugs.

"Papa!"

"Dad's home!"

I was soon mobbed by my daughter and son, my eldest daughter staying behind, waiting for her siblings to finish their hugs. I lifted Alia off her feet and onto my shoulder, Jai huffed and crossed his arms.

"Mumma kahan hai?" I asked Jai, who pointed to the kitchen. The smell of warm biryani wafted into the room, and my stomach growled.

"Come on, leave Dad alone." Priya nudged her siblings away and took her turn hugging me. Quietly, I made my way to the kitchen. I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my head in the crook of her neck.

"I missed you," I murmured and she turned around to face me.

"I know, five missed calls the moment you landed." She chuckled.

"Mridula Iyer, not my fault that I missed my kids and lovely wife." I scoffed, and she rolled her eyes. 

"Besides, happy anniversary," I smiled and pulled the gift out of my pocket. It was a ring. It was completely normal, except for the fact that it had belonged to my mother. My dad had given it to her during their very first anniversary. I had it altered, instead of the same ring. It was now a replica of it, with an engraving.

"I love you," She read the engraving out loud and smiled. I kissed her forehead and hugged her.

"Bleh," I heard Jai's remark, I turned and saw him standing there. He held his stomach in a show that he was vomiting. He had Mridula's eyes, but other than that, he was a copy of me. He ran off screaming 'Yuckk!'

"Mia,"

"Hm?"

"Miaa"

"Hm?"

"Miaa-"

"What?!"

I looked at her, her nose was scrunched up as it always was when she was annoyed. I rested my forehead against hers, "I love you,"

"Deja vu," She chuckled recalling my proposal.

"But, I love you too." She smiled and rested her head on my chest.

***

This is it... T^T

MAN WHY DO I GET SOME EMOTIONAL?

But go ahead and check out 'Elevator'

It's my latest Shreyas Iyer FF!