⁘Chapter 30 ⁘

Unknown Person POV

***

Shreyas laughed at something, Mridula was told him over the phone. He had a smile on his face, and the smile wouldn't budge, it stayed on his face.

"I love you," He smiled to himself once more, and Mridula responded by sticking her tongue out.

I watched silently from the comfort of my little corner. Shreyas hadn't sensed my presence.

"Mia," Shreyas chewed on his lip, Mridula hummed a response.

"I know we've only been dating for a few months, but what if I said that I wanted to marry you?" He blurted out, Mridula flushed with embarrassment and her cheeks flaring crimson.

"I... I honestly... don't know..." Mridula mumbled, and I chuckled at her naive behavior.

"Sorry, I know it's pretty random." Shreyas rubbed the back of his neck and tried to break the awkward silence.

"I'll be back soon," He added with a smile.

"Yeah, we better get the last look at your shoulder." Mridula was grateful for the change of topic.

"It's better though," Shreyas frowned and moved his shoulder around in a show that he was better.

"I know, it's just to make sure that you're not putting too much pressure on it." Mridula rolled her eyes to the heavens, and Shreyas nodded his understanding.

"I'll call you after I land," Shreyas smirked for no apparent reason, and Mridula cut the call.

I watched as Shreyas left toward his hotel room, my eyes following him and pinned to his back.

Soon Shreyas... Very soon, will that smile disappear.

***

Ooohhh! Creepy.

Who do you think this new villain is?