⁘Chapter 40 ⁘

Mridula's POV

***

I ignored Shreyas for a few seconds, while he stood there dumbfounded. I tried to hide a smile.

He might be an idiot, but he's my idiot

"Am I hallucinating?" He wondered out loud, and I scoffed with annoyance.

"Mridula," He whispered, and his eyes were filled with relief and love. My heart melted, I hugged him, and his hands snaked around my waist.

"I'm sorry, I over-reacted-" I started but he cut me off with a chuckle,

"I should have told you what was going on with Smrithi," He mumbled bitterly, and I suppressed a smile.

"Does... Does this mean you've forgiven me?" Shreyas hesitated but asked, my irritation must have been obvious.

"Oh? I'll just go marry Aravind then," I retorted, and turned away. Shreyas grabbed my wrist and pulled me to his chest.

"Sorry," He grinned, and gently stroked my cheek.

"Bhai, save this for your bedroom." Shresta's voice rang from inside, and I shoved Shreyas away.

"I. Hate. You." I allowed a pause between each of the words, but it would have sounded a lot more menacing if I wasn't smiling.

"I. Love. You." Shreyas mimicked my pauses and wrapped his hand around my waist.

"I missed you," I blurted out, and he leaned toward me.

"I missed you, too." He spoke before capturing my lips.

I love you, too

***

Well, you might love me now but the climax isn't over...