⁘Chapter 44 ⁘

Shreyas's POV

***

"Mridula, what's wrong?" I asked her immediately when she picked up the phone.

"Nothing," She exhaled a shaky breath, I'd face-timed her at least seven times before she'd finally picked up. She'd even left me on read on Whatsapp!

"Look, I just need my space." She mumbled quietly and I knew something was off.

"If this is about what happened, look I'm sorry... I totally overreacted..." I started but she shook her head.

"It's not about that," She dismissed me with a wave of her hand, "I'll call you later,"

I knew she wouldn't call me, the moment she cut the call I grabbed my jacket and headed out. Betty pawed at the ground, asking for my attention.

"Sorry, Betty..." I quickly petted the attention seeker and hurried away. I pulled up in front of Mridula's house, I saw her sitting cross-legged facing the window. She was looking out into nowhere with a neutral expression.

I got out of the car ready to surprise her when a shadow flitted across her room. I saw Aravind step into the light, and place an arm around her shoulder. My stomach knotted with distrust. I watched quietly.

"Look's like your girlfriend's in love with someone else" A voice sneered from behind me, and I whirled around.

"ALIA?"

***

And, I oop