⁘Chapter 17 ⁘

Third Person POV

⁕ ⁕ ⁕

"Mia!" Alia squealed with delight, and Mridula laughed, pulling her friend into a hug.

"Wait... how are you alive?" Mridula stood there, debating over the statement.

"Oh my gods, do you not remember me?" Alia demanded, and Mia shrugged.

"Ugh, I'm Alia's twin? Abhi, remember?" Abhi, Alia's twin, prompted. Mia's eyes widened in realization.

"Besides, I'm just here to visit someone." Abhi rolled her eyes, and Mia nodded.

"Yeah, I'm here for some work." Mia didn't disclose the full truth.

"We should catch up sometime," Abhi decided and passed Mridula a piece of paper that contained her phone number.

"For sure," Mridula confirmed. Abhi looked around if anyone was around.

"Read this," She handed Mridula a letter, before drawing a breath to speak.

"I have to go," Mridula checked her phone, realizing it was time to take off Shreyas's cast. She hurried away toward the hotel room. But on the way she opened the letter.

∗∘∗∘

Dear Abhi,

I'm sorry. I can't think of anything else to do. He used me. Shreyas used me, in an attempt to get closer to Mridula. He didn't even view me as human, I don't know what to do. I tried to tell Mridula, but she's too busy studying to get that scholarship. I feel lost. I was an idiot, I was desperate to be loved... I'm sorry, Abhi. Maybe we'll be sisters in the next lifetime again.

I love you, Abhi

~ Alia

∗∘∗∘