⁘Chapter 46 ⁘

Shreyas's POV

***

"Shreyas?" I heard a voice call from behind me, I saw Mridula standing there with obvious panic in her voice. Worry was written all over her face, and she went pale and noticed something. I looked down and saw a red tint spreading across my shirt, it was coming from my arm. 

"Shreyas, stay with me." She murmured and stroked my cheek, I want to smile and say 'I always will'. But couldn't manage to speak up. Aravind ran out of the house with Rakesh not far behind him, the two of them helped Mridula move me to her living room.

"I'll grab the first aid kit," Rakesh breathed before bolting away, and Mridula kept murmuring soothing words.

"Shreyas, don't close your eyes. No matter what, don't close your eyes." Her voice was edging with panic, and she squeezed my hand. My eyelids felt heavy but I forced myself awake, I saw Aravind throwing things out of the first aid kit, while Rakesh was... doing something?

I decided to shut my eyes, just for a bit. I woke up to blinding lights, and a sobbing sound.

"Mridula?" I frowned allowing my eyes to adjust to the light. I saw Mia sobbing and curled up into a ball. She looked at me and let out a choked sigh of relief.

"Your awake!" She cried and hugged me, 

"Can't... Breathe" I managed to croak, and she let go of her rib-crushing hug. She let out a sob of relief, and it came flooding back to me of how nutty Abhi was.

"Don't you ever do that again!" She wiped away her tears, and I smirked.

"Stab myself? I'll try not to." I grinned. This drew a smile from her.

"Chitra was arrested today," Rakesh appeared in the doorway, "For plenty of reasons and we have enough evidence against her."

"That's good news." I smiled, and Mridula's shoulders heaved with relief,

"Wait.. why are you so relieved?" I turned my attention to Mridula, she hesitated. 

"She threatened me-" She mumbled and my blood boiled, but she pinched me.

"Abhi's gone crazy, she's in the... ward.." Rakesh cleared his throat, and we nodded slowly.

Well, at least things are smoother now..

***

Not for long Shreyas, there's just one more big cliffhanger to come...