⁘Chapter 18 ⁘

Third Person POV

⁕ ⁕ ⁕

To sum up what Mridula was feeling was simple, she felt pure rage.

Shreyas was sitting on her bed, with an anxious expression on his face. When he saw Mridula enter, the expression transformed into anger.

"Where were you?" He demanded, and Mridula frowned.

"Having dinner with a friend," She retorted and put her purse away.

"You could have told me!" Shreyas's voice raised, and Mridula's good mood disappeared.

"I don't have to tell you anything, You're just an idiot that I have to treat." Mridula clenched her jaw, and Shreyas's frown deepened.

"Mridula, I care about you-" His tone softened, as he spoke in a caring voice. Mridula flinched when he came closer to her.

"Shreyas, I don't care about you though, so stop acting!" Mridula's bottled rage began to show its colors.

"What-" Shreyas's eyes flashed with hurt, and he took a step back.

"You bastard!" Mridula had thought, hoped, he'd changed. But he hadn't, he had used Alia.

"Mia, what's wrong?" Shreyas sensed something was off, he took a step toward her. She moved away.

"Get out of my sight," She spat, and Shreyas sulked all the way. He cast a look back, but Mridula's eyes showed no mercy.

"I thought he changed-" Mridula whispered to herself.

"Maybe... Maybe Mom was right, Aravind is probably the right match for me."