⁘Chapter 29 ⁘

Shreyas's POV

***

The team had slowly trickled into the team room. We were all in good spirits, especially me. It was my first game, back as captain and I'd locked horns with Ro Bhaiya. We'd won in the end, thanks to a six from me. Stoins was joking around as usual, and Steve Smith, the newest addition to our Delhi Capitals had gotten along with me will.

I opted to sit next to Rishabh, and Gabbar. Coach came in with a clipboard in his hand, he was straight-faced.

"Quiet down," He ordered, it reminded me of a maths teacher about to assign you a quiz without telling you. The buzz and hum of laughter calmed down.

"Our win with MI today was spectacular," Ricky started but was interrupted by cheering. I motioned for them to be quiet.

"But," Ricky raised his hand, and everyone became silent. "We could improve,"

"We have a collection of videos put together for you guys, these videos are flops and mess-ups of the team." Coach's voice carried the message clearly, shame burned through the team. But something seemed off toward me. All of a sudden, a video of Radhika Bhabi and Jink's daughter appeared on the projection screen. 

Jinks appeared more confused than all of us combined.

"Hey," Bhabi waved at the camera, Aarya waved too. I smiled.

"Uhm... Good luck with the IPL," Radhika Bhabi started, and smiled, "We miss you,"

Aarya squealed and seemingly glared at Bhabi.

"Correction, Aarya misses you." Bhabi laughed, and the team hooted with laughter as well. Jinks asked how she was doing.

A few more Skype calls came on, including Rishabh's girlfriends.

I teased him mercilessly till the end of that call, and so did the team.

But, I nearly fell of my chair when I saw the next video.

Mridula's smiling face appeared, and Rishabh's face lit up with a devilish grin.

"Haie! Bhabi aagaye! (Sister-in-law is here!)" He announced loudly.

"Shut up, before I decide to give you a malaria shot," Mridula retorted, and the team hooted with laughter.

"Who in the team knows her?" Steve Smith wondered out loud, and I promptly looked away.

"Alright, pretend all you want." Mridula laughed, "I'll just cut this call and our relationship." 

This earned a few 'ooh's from our team, and I felt a sharp pang of fear.

"Relax, I can see your panicked face right now..." Mridula laughed, and Rishabh drew a breath.

"She's Shreyas's girlfriend!" Rishabh announced in a sing-song voice.

I made a mental note to make him run laps later.

"So," Mridula paused waiting for the hooting to die down, "Play well,"

"And please don't get injured," She sighed, and a few people 'aww'ed at her words.

"I can't tolerate it again," She grumbled, and I chuckled.

"Kya? Hospital meh tum ek chatterbox thi, aap bohot quiet hogai? (What? You were such a chatterbox in the hospital, but now you're so quiet?" She rolled her eyes,

"Say something!" Stoinis yelled from across the room. I chuckled and looked at the screen.

"I love you," I smiled, and the team wolf-whistled much louder than before, I waited for them to stop. I could practically hear Mridula's heart skip a beat.

I smirked at her, "I miss you too,"

Rishabh just smiled discreetly at me, and I returned the smile.

"Mridula?" Familiar nails on chalkboard voice called out, and I frowned.

"I'll call you later," She decided and cut the call. The moment she did all chaos broke loose.

"Oooh! Shreyas has a girlfriend!"

"Who knew Shreyas was such a flirt?"

I zoned out, and closed my eyes.

My life was finally perfect.

Great Parents

A great sibling

Great friends

Sucess

And best of all...

Mridula.

****

The only reason I'm sparing u guys is bc @ictworld06 wants some happy chapters. So thank her :P