⁘Chapter 20 ⁘

⁕ ⁕ ⁕

Mridula's tears flowed freely, and her emotions, which she could hide so well, managed to escape her control. Slowly, her anguish turned into rage. She wanted to slap Shreyas and have him jailed. Her pure hatred for him extinguished her feelings for him. She curled herself into a ball and rested her head on her knees.

Her best friend, moreover almost a sister to her, had passed away.

'Don't be his next play thing'

Her written words echoed in Mridula's head. She wiped away her tears, soothing her stinging pain. She strode to the mirror, her usual attitude growing with each step.

"Why are you the one crying?" She demanded, facing herself in the mirror. She squared her shoulders and stood straight.

"Fuck you, Shreyas." Mridula clenched her jaw, and let out a sigh. She pulled out her phone and dialed a number.

"Hello?" Aravind's voice answered the other side.

"Aravind, I'll be back in Mumbai in a bit." Mridula's voice was stern. She could almost see him nodding.

"So, original wedding day... huh?" Aravind paused before questioning.

"Yes," Mridula answered.

"You're leaving?" Shreyas's voice spoke up, and Mridula ignored him.

"Alright, I'll call you later." Mridula cut the call and opened up her closet. She started to pack the things that she'd arranged.

"Mia, what's wrong?" Shreyas frowned and chose the wrong moment to use her nickname.

"Do. Not. Call. Me. Mia," Mridula opened her suitcase and stuffed her clothing inside.

"Mridula," Shreyas closed her suitcase and caressed her cheek. Mridula flinched.

"What's wrong?" He inched her closer to her, and Mridula stepped away.

"This," She gestured to the two of them repeatedly. "I'm getting married to Aravind, not to you."

Shreyas was startled by her sudden behavior, she slammed her suitcase shut.

"So, don't ever show your face anywhere near my life again." Mridula's eyes hardened.

***

Oop...

Well, I had this planned for a while and it was unavoidable-

Bet u Aravind X Mridula shippers r happy ;D