⁘Chapter 16⁘

Mridula's POV

⁕ ⁕ ⁕

I I broke away, gasping for air. Shreyas had a satisfied smirk. He gently brushed his thumb across my lips.

"You know, that was way better than the many times I daydreamed about that moment," Shreyas admitted, and my cheeks were flared up with a shade of red.

"So good, that I'd like a second serving..." He leaned toward me once, more and my hormones chose that moment to go crazy. Just when his lips were about to brush past mine, I attempted to move away. But his grip was iron, he captured my lips once more. The butterflies in my stomach were doing backflips. The first thought I had was, his lips are so soft. I pushed him away, and stalked away toward my hotel room.

I made sure the door was locked and plopped onto my bed. I bit my lip, replaying the kiss over and over in my mind. My phone dinged, it was a call request from Aravind. I sighed, not knowing if I should accept it. A miniature debate took place in my head, and I decided to accept it.

"Hey," Aravind's face appeared on my phone's screen, I returned the greeting.

"Landed safely?" Aravind asked, and I suppressed a smile.

"I'm alive, so my plane must have crashed." I rolled my eyes, and Aravind bit back a smile.

"Sheesh, then I'm going to marry a ghost?" He went along with the little charade.

"Beta, did you have a safe trip?" Aravind tilted his screen to show Aunty, I nodded.

"Yep, just got settled into the hotel room." I smiled, and Aunty's motherly nature began to shine it's colors.

"Did you finish dinner?" Aunty demanded, and I shook my head.

"No, I'm going to have dinner right now." I informed her.

"Aravind, the poor girl hasn't even eaten yet!" Aunty chided Aravind, who was bewildered on why he was getting a scolding.

"You should've let her eat before calling her." Aunty smacked him on the head, and Aravind nursed the spot.

"Alright, I'll call you later." I hid a smile and cut the call. I pulled a mask out of the drawer and decided to head out for some dinner. Shreyas was struggling to get a mask on, I pitied him.

"Here, let me help." I sighed and put the mask on for him. He rested his forehead against mine.

"Thank you," His voice was slightly muffled by the mask. I ignored him and went outside. Shreyas was going to have dinner with his team, so I'd opted to go a cafe.

"Excuse me?" I heard a feminine voice call out to me, I turned around to come face-to-face with a very familiar person.

"Alia!?"

***

And, I oop...

Second time Alia's name was mentioned in the book-

Poor Mridula is stuck between Aravind and Shreyas