⁘Chapter 28 ⁘

Third Person POV

***

Timeskip to after a few months

***

Shreyas was good to go to play in the IPL, of course, Mridula wished he'd stay behind. They were dating happily for six months, and Aravind had been rather supportive. With COVD-19 cases spiking up in India, the IPL has been moved to Dubai. Today was going to be the last day that Shreyas was in India, he stood there debating if he should call Mridula. His hand hovered over the call button on the contact 'Mridula 😘'. 

Luckily, they managed to keep away the press from their relationship. According to every news channel and gossip blog in India, Shreyas was still single. Mridula and Shreyas hadn't fought so far, just the thought of Mridula made a smile appear on Shreyas's face. 

Ironically, Aravind and Shreyas became close friends quickly. They'd bonded over so many things, including their tastes of fashion.

"Hello?" Mridula, at last, accepted the call, after around seven rings.

"Hey," Shreyas closed his eyes and leaned on the railing.

Mridula stifled laughter, "It's only been fifteen minutes since I last saw you, Miss me already?"

"Of course," Shreyas shrugged with an unashamed grin on his face. Mridula smiled.

"Well, I... I have to go to... Dubai-" Shreyas stuttered unable to speak clearly, but Mridula cut him off.

"Shreyas, it's your career. I get it." Her smiled didn't leave her face.

"Let's meet again?" Shreyas silently prayed that she'd agree.

"Alright," Mridula hummed. "Look outside,"

Frowning, Shreyas's eyes scanned the streets till he spotted a girl standing outside with a mask on her face. Shresta had obviously noticed Mridula before Shreyas and was opening the door for her. Shreyas practically flew to the door. 

"Well, hello there," Shreyas smirked and kissed her forehead.

"Ugh, cut the sap." Shresta mimicked a barfing motion.

***

Mridula sipped her coffee, Aunty had insisted that she couldn't stay without eating something. Shreyas, who had to ask for his coffee, watched her.

"This was a very pleasant surprise." He sighed happily, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Hm, you were leaving so I thought might as well see you for a few minutes before your flight." Mridula shrugged, and Shreyas nudged her.

"So... this was because you're going to miss me?" He raised an eyebrow, a smile forming on his face.

"Don't push your luck, Mr.Iyer" Mridula retorted, making Shreyas laugh.

"I should have known," He raised his hand in defeat.

"I still can't believe that I agreed to be your girlfriend," Mridula muttered not so quietly, Shreyas grinned unashamedly.

"I'm going to miss you," He pressed a kiss onto her forehead, and Mia smiled.

"I will too," Mridula decided to cut him some slack.

***

So, Aravind/Mridula shippers, your ship just sunk.

Let's name this ship before it sinks... erm... sails-

- Shrela (sounds like Shrek to me for some reason XD)

- Mireya (It's like Mia + Shreyas without the s)

- Or come with ur own