⁘Chapter 36 ⁘

Shreyas's POV

***

I decided to try contacting Mridula once more, except this time I was at her house. I sighed and forced myself to come out of the car, and I rushed saw an open window to her house. I caught a glimpse of her.

But when I approached the house, my heart sank at the view in front of me.

Mridula was kissing Aravind,

His hands were around her waist, and her hands were around his neck. There wasn't an inch of space between them. Both of them were making out passionately, and I forced myself to look away.

Of course, she's over me,

I couldn't help it, I'd slightly been hoping that she missed me. I kicked the tire of my car with all my might. I vented out my frustration and drove away toward my house.

The image of her and Aravind was etched into my mind, it didn't leave my thoughts at all. A part of me wanted to be the one kissing her, and the other part was furious that she'd gotten over me.

I told myself that I'd get over her and that I'd find someone better. But for some reason, I didn't have the heart to delete her contact even though she'd already blocked me. I found an invitation at my front door.

***

You Are Invited To The Wedding Of

Mridula & Aravind

Date: XX/XX/XXXX

Address: XXXXX XXXXX XXXX

***

I clenched my jaw and gritted my teeth, I threw the invitation away.

She was just provoking me...

... And it was working.

***

Somethin's burnin