⁘ Chapter 13 ⁘

⁕ ⁕ ⁕

"I can't believe it still," Aravind sighed, looking at the sluggishly setting sun, ahead of us.

His apartment had a great view of it, it was rather spacious too. I fiddled with the draw-strings of my sweatshirt, and Aravind pretended not to have noticed that. Both of us were sitting on the balcony, cross-legged on the floor, ignoring the existence of the comfortable couch.

"Alright, what's wrong?" Aravind chuckled, his inner friend shining through.

"Ugh, well, a certain annoying guy wants to go to Chennai to watch DC's match." I started, it felt like a weight was lifting off my shoulders when I spoke.

"I won't be able to be here for over a month," I admitted and turned around to face Aravind, who was deep in thought.

"So you won't be here for our designated wedding date," Realization dawned on Aravind's eyes, and I burst out laughing.

"You're quick on the uptake aren't you?" I teased, and he tackled me.

"Ugh, get off me your over-grown doofus!" I wormed against his grip, and he smirked.

When did this guy start going to the gym?

I managed to shove him away, and I laid on the balcony just watching the setting sun. I allowed my mind the wander the depths of my imagination.

"Mia?" 

"Hm?"

"I'm going to miss you,"

"That's fun,"

"Wait... what?" I realized what he'd said, I whirled around to see him covering up his tinted face. I laughed.

"I meant, as a friend." He rushed to explain and I raised an eyebrow. He rolled his eyes, and the doorbell dinged.

"I'll get it!" He was glad to have an excuse to leave the awkward moment.

"It's my mom," Aravind appeared in the entrance of the doorway a few moments later.

"Hi, aunty!" I smiled warmly at the middle-aged woman. 

"Ah, getting yourself comfortable in your new home already?" Aunty winked with a mischievous glint in her eyes, and I laughed off the comment.

"He and I had some work to do," I answered truthfully. Aravind had invited me over to discuss Shreyas's progress and if he could be released earlier than planned. Rakesh and Priya were supposed to tag along, but they'd dipped out in the last second. I'd assumed that Rakesh had finally asked Priya out on a date.

Aravind nudged me, and I knew that he wanted me to tell Aunty about the situation that had popped up.

"Aunty?" I sighed and knew I should get it over with.

"I don't think we can have a Wedding Nor the Engagement in two months," I started and this got Aunty's attention, she turned to me with a quarrying expression.

"I have some work, it's going to require me to be travelling for a few months." I continued and Aunty smiled.

"Beta, your a woman with her own life," Aunty smiled warmly, which dissipated some of the worries that I had.

"I have a solution to your problem, but don't hesitate to tell me something like this. I understand how hard you worked for this job, and how much it means to you." She paused, before continuing. "Your work is as important as Aravind's."

"But, Ma, what's your idea?" Aravind voiced his curiosity.

"We'll have the engagement next week?"

***

Awww! What a sweet future mother-in-law! 

Also, a bit of Aravind X Mridula fluff for you, Aravind, and mridula shippers... AKA misachan_123

***

Guys! Super Important

You know how almost every fandom has a community? I feel like cricket should have one! So, me, @aalniyaparu and @Snigie___ have started the community that cricket deserves!

The ID is: 

Please go ahead and follow that account!

Some books don't get the recognition that they deserve, this community will provide it! Who knows where this will lead! The account is empty right now, with no books or announcements. But watch as it grows!

Take Part In This Amazing Community

~ Ria ~

***