⁘Chapter 15⁘

⁕ ⁕ ⁕

Mridula and Shreyas were inside a cab, driving through the streets of Chennai.

"Shreyas?" Mridula frowned, snapping Shreyas out of his thoughts. He was staring at her.

"Mridula," Shreyas inhaled deeply and decided it was time to tell her.

"Mridula, I was an idiot during college." He started, and Mridula's frown deepened. "I was in love with you and acted immaturely. Alia had convinced me that if we 'dated', you would be jealous. But, ironically, it worked in the opposite direction."

Shreyas drew a breath to continue, "I'm still in love with you, why do you think I hate Aravind so much?"

Mridula was still for a few seconds, and the cab driver let out an awkward cough. Mridula felt a twinge of sympathy for the driver who'd overheard everything. The Cab Driver, Kumar, felt like a third wheel.

"You idiot!" Mridula smacked Shreyas on the head with her purse. "I gave you a freaking month to confess and you do it now?!"

"When I'm engaged?!" Mridula gritted her teeth, and Shreyas's shoulders sagged with relief. He threw his head back and laughed.

"Sorry, sorry..." He winced when Mridula started to wack him once more. But the smile refused to disappear from his face.

"I hate you!" Mridula huffed and turned away, grumbling to herself.

"And I love you," Shreyas mumbled to himself, but Mridula heard him. Her cheeks were tinted rose.

The driver coughed once more.

// Time-Skip //

Mridula plopped down on the bed, and Shreyas chucked his luggage on the other side of the room. Their rooms were connected so that Mridula could rush over in any case of emergencies. Mridula decided to shower, and Shreyas unpacked his suitcase, miraculously with one hand. Mridula hummed to herself and draped a towel around her body. She walked out of the bathroom and Shreyas whistled to catch her attention.

"Nice view," He grinned cheekily, and Mridula suddenly became conscious of herself.

"Out," She grunted.

"Why?"

"I'll give you a flu shot,"

"Good reason,"

Shreyas winked and walked away to his room. Mridula changed into a sweatshirt and checked the time.

"Time to remove the cast," She spoke to herself and opened the door that led into Shreyas's room. He was sitting in front of the TV.

Shirtless.

"Ugh, put a shirt on." Mridula shielded her eyes and Shreyas turned, taking notice of her. Shreyas slipped into his shirt with ease and grinned. A cheeky idea popped up inside his head, he strode toward her.

"You can open your eyes now," he smiled at her, and she peeked making sure that what he said was true. She opened and closed her mouth a few times, taking in the proximity. Shreyas's gaze flicked to her lips.

He leaned toward her and swiftly captured her lips. She was startled to find his lips smashed against hers.

⁕ ⁕ ⁕

Bet you love me rn. . . 

Does anyone want to kill me? :P

It would mean that the book becomes incomplete