⁘Chapter 39 ⁘

Shreyas's POV

***

I'd stormed off that day, but today I stood here moping. Memories of her haunted me, and how much of an idiot I was. My phone had rung repeatedly but I'd chosen not to answer it. At last, I unlocked my phone and saw that most of the missed calls were from Aravind.

What...?

I let my finger hover over the call button on his contact, and chewed on my lip. At last, I decided to call him.

"Hello?" He picked up almost immediately, and I exhaled.

"What do you want?" I grunted harshly, and he chuckled on the other side.

"Honestly, speaking, I don't need anything. I'm not calling you to rub it in your face that... Mridula and... I... uhm..." He sighed and I could see him leaning back on his chair.

"It's because Mridula isn't happy," A sigh broke off Aravind's lips. "She hates you so much, but deep down there, she misses you."

"I'm her friend before anything else," He chuckled bitterly, "I might be stuck in the friendzone, but her happiness is more important to me."

I stayed quiet for a few more seconds,

"So?" I prompted him, and he didn't respond.

"I need to know what's actually going on." Aravind paused to wait for my reaction,

"Alia isn't my fiancee," I started my story, and he stayed silent, allowing me to continue. When I finished recalling my tale, Aravind let out a heavy breath.

"I'll try talking to Mia," He spoke at last, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thanks," I grinned and cut the call, I laid on my bed, still smiling. I fell asleep at the thought of Mridula in my arms once more.

I'm not sure how long I was asleep, but the ringing of my doorbell awakened me from my dreams. Groggily, I opened my eyes and rubbed them. I twisted the doorknob open and my breath was sucked out of my lungs.

Mridula?

***

Aw, Aravind's so sweet.

Btw, there's a hardcore Aravia (Aravind and Mridula) shipper out there :P

Let's vote on a ship-name although

Shreyia (Shreyas + Mia)

Shreyula (Shreyas + Mridula)

Miyas (Mia + Shreyas)