⁘Chapter 25 ⁘

Mridula's mind was racing, today was the day she was going to be married. Most women would have felt adrenaline or fear. But she felt blank and utterly emotionless. There was a knock on the door, sighed she opened it.

"Aravind?" She gaped, and he was standing there with a smile playing on his lips.

"Don't be so shocked to see me." He chuckled and leaned on the door frame.

"Just asking, but are you sure?" He sighed and got to the point. Mridula got the feeling that he was asking about the marriage.

"Yes,"

Aravind smiled, "I'll see you later then,"

Mridula let her mind wander, thoughts of doubt began to appear in her head. She closed her eyes, and the first image that appeared in her head was Shreyas's smirk. She dissolved the thought as fast as it came.

Her mind wandered to when Shreyas had kissed her. But then a tapping sound distracted her once more. She ignored it. But the tapping sound came once more, except this time. A lot louder and more rapid.

She opened her eyes, with annoyance glittering her eyes. In front of the window, there was a person sitting casually. She gaped with surprise.

It was Shreyas.

She rushed to the window and opened it. He hopped inside, his usual smirk playing on his lips.

"Miss me?" He ran a hand through his hair, and this was when Mridula noticed that his cast was missing. He'd gotten it removed.

"No," Mridula retorted, and Shreyas sighed.

"Look, I'll get to the point. Abhi isn't exactly a very nice person." Shreyas started, and Mridula raised an eyebrow. "She works for Chitra Khatri, a total brat."

"So?" Mridula folded her arms, and tapped her feet.

"Come with me," He held his hand out for her, and Mridula's eyes held hesitation. Shreyas noted this. He snaked an arm around her waist, and pulled her into a kiss. There was an awkward cough, Mridula shoved Shreyas away.

Aravind was standing there.

****

Oopp~