⁘Chapter 45 ⁘

Shreyas's POV

***

Alia seemed to hesitate for a second but a shadow flickered across her face, and she nodded with anger glistening in her eyes.

"Yes, it's me." She hissed at me, the hurt was fresh in her face. Which was when I noticed a mole on the side of her right cheek.

Wait... this isn't Alia.. She doesn't have a mole

"Your not Alia," I blurted out, my shoulders sagging with relief. The imposter gave me a wary glance.

"At least you can tell the difference between me and my sister," She smiled sadly and kicked a rock.

"She got it all," The imposter continued with clenched teeth, "A good college life and even a boyfriend who was a rising cricket star."

"What-" I started but realization dawned upon me, and I realized that this was actually Abhi, Alia's sister.

"She didn't deserve to be loved," The imposter's lips curved into a sneer. "She was just a pompous brat."

I noticed something shining in the street's light, a sliver item of some sort. I peered at it, and my eyes widened with fear when I recognized the item.

A Knife-

"Abhi, calm down." I tried to talk my way out of this, "Don't do anything stupid-"

"Worried for your precious girlfriend are you?" She cackled, her eyes darting back and forth. It was obvious that she was mentally unstable. She eyed me with a devilish grin and smiled ever so sweetly.

"Don't worry, Mridula's been nothing but nice to me." She assured me, and a sinking feeling of dread made itself known in my stomach.

"You already broke one person's heart," She twirled the wooden handle of the knife, "I'm not letting you break Mridula's! She's too good for you!"

Which was when my brain processed that she meant to attack me. With that thought closing in, Abhi lunged at me.

Crap!

***

Whenever lost for a cliffhanger idea, just add a maniac character 😎

Around Five-ish chapters left in the story :P

Did u expect that Abhi was... well... nutty?