⁘Chapter 27 ⁘

Mridula's POV

"Hey," Shreyas smirked and sat down on the cafe chair, he rested his head in his palms.

"So, why'd you call me?" He stirred his to-go coffee and sighed.

"Sorry, about leaving yesterday. I just needed some time to think," I decided to apologize for leaving him yesterday at the cafe.

"I get it," He chuckled, ran a hand through his hair.

"Look, I get it." Shreyas sighed, "We didn't meet nor end on ideal terms, but I'd like to give this" He paused and gestured to myself and him. "A shot,"

"Shreyas, I'm not sure about whatever this might be." I massaged my temple, and he smiled.

"But, will you give us a shot?" He chewed on his lip.

I sat there, thinking about it. I could see the nervousness in his eyes, but I felt something in my hand. My eyes flicked to Shreyas, who had his hand on top of mine. He squeezed her hand, and Mridula met his dark chocolate brown eyes.

"Shreyas," I spoke softly, deciding to be honest.

"I... I don't know-" I stuttered, and Shreyas tilted his head with curiosity. "Look, I might sound stupid. But I'd prefer not getting hurt."

Shreyas jerked away, with a wounded expression. 

"You think I'll hurt you?" His expression was so hurt, that a wave of guilt washed over me.

"It's... It's not like that-" I winced, "My last relationship didn't work out too well..."

"Well, then he's a doofus." Shreyas decided with a huff, and I hid a smile. He seemed slightly annoyed.

"One date," I grumbled, Shreyas's eyes lit up. "Just one date," This time put some emphasis on the word one.

"Sure, just one." He mimicked me in a ridiculously high pitch voice, I glared at him.

"I do not sound like that!" I sniffed indignantly, and he parroted that in the same hilariously stupid voice.

"Stop that!"

"Stop that!"

"Shreyas is an idiot," I smirked.

"Shreyas is an idiot-" He repeated, he stopped realizing what I'd said. He shot a pointed glare at me, which I returned by sticking my tongue out at him.

"Well, I'll pick you up at three." Shreyas winked, standing up he left toward his car. My cheeks were turning red, and it suddenly felt very hot in the cafe.

****

So, Shreyas has FINALLY scored a date with Mridula...

Wonder how Aravind's going to react...-