⁘Chapter 26 ⁘

Shreyas's POV

"Aravind-" Mridula started, but Aravind raised his hand to stop her.

"Are you in love with him?" Aravind gestured to me, and Mridula bit her lip.

"It's complicated." Mia sighed, it stung a bit that she hadn't responded as a yes.

"Mridula, we don't have forever." Aravind sighed, and massaged his temple.

"I'll delay the wedding for at least a month, is that enough time?" Aravind decided at last, and I gaped at him.

He isn't a villain...?

He seemed like a very good guy, and this had proved it. I refused to believe it earlier when Mridula and had just considered him as a friend.

"Mia, take your time. It's your life," Aravind glanced back and sighed. Mridula nodded.

***

It had been two days since Aravind had canceled the meeting for 'personal reasons'. No one had suspected Mridula, because Aravind had shouldered the blame

"Mia, can I explain what happened?" I broke the awkward silence between me and Mridula, she sighed before nodding her head in agreement.

"Chitra Khatri, mother to Smrithi Khatri, AKA my ex." I started my failed love story.

"Chitra was just using me as leverage, I was famous and her company would become famous because her daughter was dating me. At some point, I found Smrithi kissing another guy. I snapped at Chitra, and those two women have been trying to make my life a complete mess." I breathed, and Mridula's eyes widened. I decided that she'd need some evidence, I showed her the recording I had.

∿≀∿≀

"Abhi, have you delivered the fake letters to Mridula Sharma, and halted Shreyas's travels?"

"Yes, Mrs.Khatri."

"Perfect, now see what we can do about getting the rumors started."

"Which rumors?"

"Shreyas and Smrithi dating"

∿≀∿≀

Mridula stood up, and walked away. Her hands massaging her temple, I wisely did not intervene.

She needed some alone time.

But later that day, I received a missed call from her, and a text.

A Message Telling Me To Meet Her At The Cafe

***

Oooh! A message~

And, btw there is a new Mridula X Shreyas shipper (I will not reveal her identity cause i'm feelin nice)