⁘Chapter 38 ⁘

Shreyas's POV

***

Mridula had requested to meet up at a cafe, which I considered a miracle. I was waiting at her house to apologize and somehow tell her that Smrithi wasn't my fiancee. I was already at the cafe, tapping my foot on the ground, waiting impatiently for her to arrive. At last, a car pulled up, and Mridula got out of the passenger seat. I caught a glimpse of Aravind, who was sitting in the driver's seat.

I clenched my jaw and watched the two of them. They seemed to have a conversation before Mridula headed toward me.

"Hello, there," I grunted without sparing a glance at her. She sat down and set her purse aside.

"What do you want?" She retorted gesturing to a message that read 'Shreyas is at our house'.

"You," I smirked and stirred my coffee, she rolled her eyes.

"No thanks," She scoffed and sipped her own drink.

"Look, Smrithi isn't-" I started but she cut me off harshly.

"I wish the two of you a happy married life," She smiled ever so sweetly, and my anger rose.

"Would you just shut up and let me talk?" I retorted harshly but winced when the words flew out of my mouth.

"Sorry-" I started to apologize, except this time. Mridula had already stood up and was marching away toward the parking lot.

"Mridula!" I called out, and she keenly ignored me. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to my chest.

Which she responded by slapping me,

"I'm tired of you're little games!" Her eyes were clouding with tears, "Can't you just let me live happily?! First, My so-called brother brings you into MY HOSPITAL. I nearly lose my job because of you!"

I was taken aback, but she wasn't done just yet.

"You're the reason Alia's dead right now. You came into my life, did what you always did, broke my heart all over again." She was fuming with anger, a few tears streaming down her face. "I. Hate. You!"

"Mia, relax," I heard a voice from behind Mridula. My nostrils flared with anger when I saw who it was.

Aravind.

"He's trying to apologize," Aravind coaxed Mridula, she walked up to him and did the most unexpected thing.

She smashed her lips against his and pulled him closer to her by the collar. Aravind was startled but wrapped his hands around her waist before pulling apart. He looked at me with a twinge of sympathy in his eyes.

I thought about how he must have felt when I kissed Mridula in front of him.

"Fine!" I hissed under my breath, "We're done, it's official."

***

I told you, this was the climax

I ain't letting any of you read peacefully :P