Chapter 28

(Recap)

“The cemetery? But my mom’s funeral is tomorrow. I have to go.”

“No, you have to stay alive and the only way to do that is by not going to the cemetery. Now promise me you won’t go there.”

“But I-“ She cut me off by grabbing my arms and looking straight into my eyes.

“No Violet, no but’s. You do not go to that place. It’s dangerous. Now promise me you won’t go.” Tatiana said in all seriousness.

“I-I… w-won’t go.” She let go of me and looked a little more satisfied and relaxed.

“Good, now we need to get you home before your friends call the police. The last thing we need is humans getting involved with this.” She muttered as she straighten and started to walk towards the path that would lead to her bike.

I still had questions, but like Tatiana said, Ethan will have to answer them. I guess it’s something, I now at least know that something is different with me and what I am and that Ethan is coming back. I also know what he is, what I’m not sure about is why he turned me into this … thing. Am I still human? Or like them? Oh Ethan what did you do to me? I thought as I follow Tatiana down the mountain.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 28

It was the morning of my mothers funeral, and I hadn’t slept a wink last night, not because I didn’t want to, but because I couldn’t stop thinking. I thought about my life before I became this thing, the first time I had met Ethan, the night I was shot, all the events leading up to now… to today.

As I laid in bed watching the slow rise of the sun, I heard something coming from my window, like a bird pecking at it.

I sat up slowly, and stared at the window until I heard the noise again and then walked quietly over towards it. When I got there, I saw nothing but a dense mist slowly being burned away by the rising morning sun. I was about to turn around when I heard rustling coming from the tree in the backyard.

I turned back around and saw a girl standing under it. She had blond pigtails and a blue and white checkered dress. She was just standing there staring straight at me. She looked to be about sixteen and her clothes weren’t from this century, so I immediately knew she was a ghost.

“Somniator.” She said and pointed at me, her voice echoing across the space of the misty yard to where I stood in my bedroom.

Before I could even take a step back I saw Jonathan step out of the mist, like he was made of it and plunge his blade into the girl, sucking her into his blade until there was nothing left but the swirling mist.

When she was gone he smiled and gave an awkward wave. I hesitantly waved back and then watch him disappear into the mist, or more like become apart of the mist.

Crawling back into bed and curling onto my side and burring my head under the covers, wanting to be anywhere but here, anyone but me. That just reminded me of everything that’s happening and what could happen. That was the first time a ghost had ever came that close to my house. They’re getting closer, and I had to pretend that I couldn’t see them. Was it strange that I wasn’t scared of them anymore, that I wasn’t freaking out that I had just seen a ghost in my own backyard? All I felt was nothing, not longing, not fear, not even sadness. I wanted to be sad, I needed to be sad, I mean it was the day of my mothers funeral, what is wrong with me?

One thing was perfectly clear, and that was that my family isn’t safe as long as I was around. I needed to reverse this Somni-whatever thing to get the ghosts off my back, its that or… no it won’t come to that, this condition needs to be reversed. As soon as I see Ethan I’ll make him reverse what ever he did to me, he has to. This can't be my life, I need to be back to my normal boring self.