Chapter 3

(Recap)

I should leave before he spots me, it was obvious he came here to be alone, but the artist in me couldn’t resist, so I took out my camera and aimed it in his direction and took the picture. He didn’t notice me so I took a couple more then he turned while my eye was still looking through the camera at him. Oh-oh busted.

 -----------------------------------------------------------

~{Chapter 3}~

“Violet is it?”

Finding my voice gone once again I nodded. And he turned fully towards me and started walking to me. Oh crap he didn’t like his picture taken.

“Were you just photographing me?”

“Yes…No?” I said making it sound like a question.

He was right in front of me now and I could see the rise and fall of his chest, seen as that was what I was eye level with. He was rather tall, okay I was about five-six, he must have been about six-four or something. The dude could be a basketball player.

“So you’re not mute. I was beginning to wonder. So Violet, what is it then? Yes or no?” He asked, his breath fanning my face, as I was looking up at him. Don’t swoon, Vi… whatever you do… DO NOT SWOON. What did he ask again?

Oh right, the yes or no thing.

“No, I was taking a picture of… of…” I looked around for something, anything really in the direction that he was standing and spotted a tree, just across the river from where he was standing. It was more like a twig with a few leaves hanging on its dwindling branches.

“That tree.” I said pointing to the sorry excuse for a tree behind him and smiling at finding an object to pretend I was taking pictures of. He raised one beautiful eyebrow and briefly turned; then faced me again with a smirk on his face.

“Really? That small decaying shrub?”

I looked at the tree again and okay I have to admit, that tree was a small shrub, that didn’t have much to it, but I’m sticking to this, I can’t turn back now.

“Yes. That small decaying shrub as you call it.”

“May I see it?”

“What?”

“The picture of the shrub you claim to have taken a picture of.”

“Why?”

“I just want to see the picture of the ‘tree’“ He made air quotes with his fingers when he said the word tree.

“Otherwise I’ll just have to take it by force.” He smirked and stared down at me.