Chapter 2

(recap)   

“Vi you coming? The bell rang.” Vicky snapped me out of my internal babble and I got up leaving my tray on the stand by the door.

The rest of the school day dragged by without me spotting Ethan or Jonathan or er what the hell was the other dudes name again… anyway the Scottish guy.

-------------------------------------------------

~ {Chapter 2}~

The final bell rang to signal the  end of another school day. I had Vicky in my final class and we caught up with Van as we walked to the parking lot together. I had history with Ethan again today but we didn’t speak to each other, again. I tried saying something to him, but chickened out when he looked over at me. He seemed intent on listening to the teacher, and as soon as the bell rang he was out of the class. I wonder if he doesn’t like me, if he doesn’t, then what the hell did I do to him to have him hate me without me saying even two words to him.

“So what are you ladies up to for the rest of the day?” Van asked, breaking me out of my internal debate and Vicky said,

“I’m going to finish my science project with Sam. It’s kinda due tomorrow and we’re only half way.” She gave a sad smile and I pattered her back in sympathy,

“I might go up to the lake to take a few pictures for photography; I need to add some new pics to my portfolio. You wanna come with Van?”

“Nah, as much as I love walking in mud and climbing up rocks and stuff I think I’ll pass, maybe I’ll visit Dean.” She smiled thoughtfully to herself.

“You’re actually going to take Lil’s advice?” I smirked at her and she blushed,

“Maybe.”

“What advice? What did Lil’s tell Van to do?” Vicky asked looking a little confused.

“Well my oh so wise sister told our delayed friend to just kiss Dean and get it over with.”

“Hey I’m not delayed.” Vicky and I laughed our butts off ignoring Van’s weak protest.

 “I swear there’s some older chick stuck in your little sister’s body, that was the best advice I had ever heard if there was ever one.” Vicky said still laughing a bit

“Whatever.” Van mumbled, but you could see she was trying to hide her smile.

We split up to go to our cars, calling byes to each other and I walked towards my broken down beetle and waved bye to Vicky and Van.

I threw my bag in the back seat and put the key in the ignition and turned trying to start the car, but it started chocking.