chapter 12

(Recap)

“I agree. I’ll take first watch. We need to find out where she is first… Connor, find out from Vicky, but don’t mention my name. They are a little… hostile at the moment.”

“I don’t blame them.” Connor snorted and I shot him an annoyed look.

“You gotta make peace with the lass Ethan. You can’t watch out for her if you canna get close enough.”

I said nothing to this, still not sure if me being closer to her will make the situation better or worse. But for now, I just need to make sure she’s safe and out of D’s reach.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12

Violet’s POV

After visiting Anna and my mom at the hospital, I drove to the Kindergarten to pick Lily and Amy up. I didn’t say much, the girls were chatting about something that happened at school and I couldn’t help but think of the weird day I had. That almost accident was still playing in mind and something weird happened at the hospital today, I got this sense that someone was watching me but every time I turned around I saw nothing, and not just that, but I got weird looks from people, like I was crazy or something. Some people were out and out staring like I was a main attraction at a freak show or something. I brushed it off as just part of the weird day, I mean I sometimes catch people staring, but never had I seen someone give me the she’s-crazy look and backed away from me like I had small pox or some other highly contagious disease. It was beyond weird.

I pulled up at the house and let out a deep breath when I stopped the car. I was paying extra close attention to the road, on full alert and when I finally switched the car off I relaxed. My back was stiff from the tense position I was in for the whole ride home.

“Right ladies, this is it. Out you go.”

They grabbed their bags and I got out with them. I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand and I looked around again for what must have been the hundredth time and I saw nothing but the empty street and the shadows of the trees.

Boy is my imagination working over time today or what. Seriously, must be the little sleep I got the night before.

Shrugging it off, I walked towards the door and opened it letting the girls run inside. I couldn’t help taking one last look around before I closed and locked the door behind me.

Shacking the feeling I made the rug rats sandwiches and cleaned my room and did my homework.

I walked down stairs and Amy was gone, most probably her mom came to pick her up already.

Lily was sitting on the couch playing with her Gameboy.

“Hey kido, scoot over.” She moved without looking up. She was going to be no company at all.

I turned towards the TV and saw it was on the News channel. She must really be deep into that game.